SASS Wire Forum

Football Injuries

Yul Lose

I'm watching the Citrus bowl between Louisville and LSU and when they showed the injury report of the Louisville team the last two players on the list were out because of gunshot wounds. I've watched a bunch of college football games in my life and I think this is the first time I've ever seen that.

Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson won the first Heisman Trophy in school history. Afterwards at a Heisman party in Louisville, Louisville outside linebackers James Hearnes and Henry Famurewa suffered gunshot wounds after a fight broke out. Both are expected to be fine by spring football or soon after, but neither will play in the game Saturday.

“We’re very fortunate that we’re not at a funeral right now,” Louisville coach Bobby Petrino said at a press conference Friday.

Hearnes, who leads the team with eight sacks, was shot in the elbow. Famurewa, a backup, was shot in the foot and arm.

“Both of them are healthy,” Petrino said.

Most of 'em shot themselves. It may be part of the thug culture that permeates many college teams!!

• Like 1

Party. Fight. Gunshots.

How many times have we seen this before.

Both pros and college athletes.

I have almost completely weaned myself from Pro Sports. NBA and NHL were never a problem so they don't even count. Never watch them. Watched a couple of baseball games last year. I have not seen more than a quarter of any NFL game this year.

Strangely enough, I do not feel deprived at all.