SASS Wire Forum

I'm Retired

Krazy Kajun

Today was my last day of w*rk, had a great retirement celebration. Been preparing for this for a long time and it's time to start a new chapter of life. Just recently bought a camper so now I'll finally get to start spending the nights at the range instead of hotels.

Yeehaw ya'll,

Kajun

• Like 1

Now that you have retired, you are going to find out your house is falling a part and you will be fixing things for some time to come.

My suggestion is to not try to fix everything all at once.

Pick a project and work on it to conclusion.

The other projects will be waiting.

Today was my last day of w*rk, had a great retirement celebration. Been preparing for this for a long time and it's time to start a new chapter of life. Just recently bought a camper so now I'll finally get to start spending the nights at the range instead of hotels.

Yeehaw ya'll,

Kajun

I am envious! My time is now measured in months until I get to play recess all the time! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!

I started drawing Social Security a year and a half ago. But Mary doesn't think that's any reason to just enjoy your free time. If I'm not working on something she feels needs done, she'll think of something. If not that, I'm running full support sevices to keep her going.

Congratulations on the retirement, Krazy.

I been at mine nearly 2 years and I seem to be busier than ever.

..........Widder

What Widder said!! I don't know where I found the time to hold down a job!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations! Been retired over 16 years and haven't had a day off or a vacation since. One more year and everyone knows I ain't volunteering anymore and will retire for sure. Fishing, hunting, and a lot of shooting.

I am retired from one career and basically working in another until my wife decides to retire.

My wife as decreed that when she retires we are moving to Texas. She is a native Texican and she wants to be near our daughter and the grandkids. She is spending a lot of time looking at houses and telling me what we need to fix before we list the house for sale.

Last night she told me she wants to scrape the popcorn stuff off of the ceilings and repaint them.

The real work though is going to be moving the contents of my mancave. So far I have had 15 years to fill it up.

I'm semi-retired, working part time. I'm self employed and get to choose when I work and when I don't. ;)

A lot of old farmers never really retire.

Mary buys milk and eggs from a local farmer who's in his 70s. He hand milks 6 cows twice a day. His wife gathers the eggs. He has several milk and egg customers ever morning and evening. Each customer has an assingend day and time. He also puts in a big truck patch and sales the surplus. In the fall he picks fruit. Fall and winter he cuts firewood for his own use and to sale. In late winter/early spring he taps maple trees and makes surip.

Another old farmer at least 80 maintains over 1500 acres with thousands of various livestock. He has some 1000 feeder cattle at lots in Pratt Kansas at all times.

I had to retire 6 years ago for medical reasons. I wasn't really ready. Screamed bloody murder. Now that I have been retired for a few years, I find I highly recommend it. My weekend starts on Monday and runs thru Friday. Except for matches, I stay out of the way of the unwashed masses on Saturday and Sunday.

I had to retire 6 years ago for medical reasons. I wasn't really ready. Screamed bloody murder. Now that I have been retired for a few years, I find I highly recommend it. My weekend starts on Monday and runs thru Friday. Except for matches, I stay out of the way of the unwashed masses on Saturday and Sunday.

I know what you mean. We plan most of our activities from Monday through Friday. It's just too crowded on Saturday and Sunday. We try to the cafe before 11:30 to get seated and served before the "old folks" show up.

You'll find it's a lot easier to get good campsites Sunday thru Thursday. Go home and rest up over the weekend and head out again on Sunday. I retired a year ago and I find that I was born for retirement. Best job I ever had.

Congrats! Now that you're a man of leisure, live life to the fullest!

For at least the first six (6) months, don't volunteer to any commitments.

My wife knows to keep her "Honey Do" to a minimum. Won't w*rk on anything more than 3-4 hours a day. Rest of day is for me because, by God, I'm retired!!!

Enjoy spending time with people you love and respect.

Congratulations! I've got about six months until I join the ranks of the gainfully unemployed!

Edited by Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580

I am starting into my 16th year today and it has been a blast! Someone gave you some great advice; stay active and thank the Good Lord for everyday you have. Cheers, Hoss C.