SASS Wire Forum

Question re End Of Trail

Grey Beard

Since Granny and I are unable to attend Winter Range this year due to my Chemo schedule we would like to attend EOT if I can work it out. The link from the SASS site doesn't have much information or the agenda yet and I know I can't make the full 10 days plus travel. I'm trying to find the dates of the main match to see if we can make it work in between two matches we attend here in Canada plus possible chemo dates. Does any one know the dates of the main match or should I just email SASS?

Thanks Grey Beard

You might want to call SASS to see if they can help, I think knowledgeable folks here may be able to give you general and specific information.

SASS: (877) 411-7277

Emailing SASS is sometimes iffy.

It looks like CAS main match days are Thursday 22nd, Friday 23rd and Saturday the 24th with the finale on Sunday the 25th.

Sent ya an email, check the altitude if you have any breathing issues.

Mudflat Mike is correct on the altitude. You'll be at 7,000 feet.

Sent ya an email, check the altitude if you have any breathing issues.

The altitude up there is about 7000 feet

Mudflat Mike is correct on the altitude. You'll be at 7,000 feet.

Not only breathing issues but sunscreen and chap-stick as well. I forgot about how much more intense the sun light is at that altitude. Had to make a late night run to WallyWorld to find some.

Greybeard;

Hope you have a great time...

Will see you on the range this coming year , take care ...

Jabez Cowboy

GB, the schedule Yul Lose quoted is probably correct. I recommend shooting the side matches on Wednesday too. There is quite a variety of them. The altitude, low humidity and intense sunshine can be managed by drinking lots of water, wearing a big hat and light colored cotton clothes, and applying sunscreen with a high protection factor. I recommend staying in Moriarty. Book a room soon as the motels there are almost fully booked for EOT.

Added noted: you have my prayers for successful chemo treatment. You are not the only one posting on this forum undergoing chemo.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971

Added noted: you have my prayers for successful chemo treatment. You are not the only one posting on this forum undergoing chemo.

Cowboy shooters are a tough, resilient lot. Last year at Winter Range there were 2 of us on chemo on our posse and when I was talking to one of the vendors it ended up that there were 5 of us in his tent that were on or just finished chemo at the same time. The vendor was 5 years Cancer Free. Based on what I'm being told by the oncologists now I'm winning and hope to be off Chemo by this spring/summer sometime.

GB