SASS Wire Forum

Fla.and Ides of March

Chance Ramsay

May well be in Florida for an early SPRING!! What are the match dates??? I could be convinced to drag enough guns and powder for a 20 stage weekend.!!

Coffinmaker

hmmmmm I like 20 stages!!!!

Personally, I will be happy with the 8 stages at Dark Day on the 11th, 5 days to rest, recover, and enjoy the Florida weather, then 5 stages the 17th and 5 stage the 18th before heading home. I've shot 10 in a row for several years at the Stampede as a Berm Marshal, but it's not for everyone. Had some of my best matches, and some of my worst matches, doing that! I can't imagine shooting 20 stages over two days. The last couple on day two would just be UGLY!

All I know is I am missing being in Florida for the Siege! I would normally be getting stuff ready for the Journey South this weekend instead of sitting here wondering whether it's going to snow before I get the snow-blower hooked up to the tractor.

Dogmeat Dad

Personally, I will be happy with the 8 stages at Dark Day on the 11th, 5 days to rest, recover, and enjoy the Florida weather, then 5 stages the 17th and 5 stage the 18th before heading home. I've shot 10 in a row for several years at the Stampede as a Berm Marshal, but it's not for everyone. Had some of my best matches, and some of my worst matches, doing that! I can't imagine shooting 20 stages over two days. The last couple on day two would just be UGLY!

All I know is I am missing being in Florida for the Siege! I would normally be getting stuff ready for the Journey South this weekend instead of sitting here wondering whether it's going to snow before I get the snow-blower hooked up to the tractor.

Dogmeat Dad

Don't forget the side matches.

That's always a fun day too.

I know what you mean about feeling a bit lost.

Usually I am giving my guns their annual bath just before the Siege.

So should I just go ahead and do it now or wait until just before the Ides?

Oh, the humanity.

Waimea

Edited by Waimea

Oh, the humanity.

Waimea

I did the annual cleaning the day after Thanksgiving, a ritual with me.....may have to move that back to New Years Day now. Naw can't do that, got ham, blackeye peas, cornbread, collard greens and rice to cook....looks like I'll just have to give up one of the traditions. Guess which one. :ph34r:

So far as the original post. Ten stages in one day? Give me 12 and make 'em track meet stages......or not. ;)

Greta on a two day drunk.....who'd have figured? :D

Oh, the humanity.

Waimea

Funny thing about side match day, we would usually shoot a Mini-Match like at the Siege, but other than maybe plinking on the derringer bay, we usually avoid side matches. It's another day of gun cleaning (we are BP shooters as you know), and I find that on side matches I usually keep shooting until I slightly exceed my personal speed limit and the wheels come off. Then on match day, I can't seem to keep my foot off the accelerator. One of these days, I will give it a go again, but probably not on this trip.

Anyway, I sure look forward to getting down there again. My mouth is already watering just thinking about those onion straws at the Conestoga Restaurant in Alachua!

Oh, and Greta on a 2-Day bender!?! Be afraid, be very afraid! :P

Edited by Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L