SASS Wire Forum

Thanks for the replies.

I am looking for a 44 spl revolver. My preference is a 3rd gen Colt, but not sure I have enough cash for a Colt right now. That being said, if you have a 4 3/4 or 5 1/2 Colt, let me know how much it would take to get one. (would also consider a Colt Sheriff model).

I have been looking elsewhere and it appears the Cimarron revolvers are the closest thing I can get to a Colt in 44spl, and I have listed model numbers. When I called Cimarron last week, they were out of 44's until about March. I think the Pre-war are closest to the Colt, but any input is welcome.

I am not looking for 44mag guns, as the last set of those I had in a SAA were too heavy and not balanced well.

My preference are guns that have not had action jobs, just been used but not abused.

Post here, send me a pm, or email Maddog5672@yahoo.com.

Thanks and let me know what you have.

Cimarron models are as follows:

MP677 .44 Special 4 3/4 in. Model P Case Hardened Old Model Standard Blue

MP678 .44 Special 5 1/2 in. Model P Case Hardened Old Model Standard Blue

MP680 .44 Special 4 3/4 in. Case Hardened Pre-War Standard Blue

MP681 .44 Special 5 1/2 in. Case Hardened Pre-War Standard Blue

Edited by Maddog McCoy SASS #5672

None for sale at the moment, but the average price in the PNW for used 3rd Gen Colt SAAs for the past 20 years or so has been running around $1000- $1500.

I also have a pair of dual-cylinder .44spl/.44-40 Cimarron "New Thunderers" that are quality arms at 1/2 to 3/4 the cost.

Img_0238-M.jpg

PWB

PM sent .

1. Rex, Sent an Email.

Rooster Ron Wayne, Sent a PM

M.M. Wright- I used to have 7.5 inch Colts and shoot them about 10 years ago, but the way the game has changed I am looking for short barreled guns now. Thanks for the reply

If it helps with your decision, I sold a 3rd Generation Colt 4 3/4" .44 Special and kept a like configured Uberti. Absolutely no functional difference and the Uberti has provided yeoman service, especially in the field!

Good luck in your quest.

Cholla