SASS Wire Forum

Top Brass?

Lead Friend, SASS #53635

I recently sorted through a few thousand .45 Colt empties I've been humping around for a number of years and have separated them by head stamp. I have Winchester, R-P and Starline set aside for reloading and have culled the oddballs. I seem to remember when I started this game seeing ads for and hearing reference to Top Brass as a manufacturer, and I'm pretty sure I remember them advertising in The Chronicle. I'm trying to figure out if these Top Brass cases I have belong with the culls or in rotation. Google is no help (it shows Top Brass in Denver with a lot of references to .223 but none to .45 Colt). I have searched for reviews on Google and used the search bar here with no luck.

What say the wise ones?

I bought 1000 Top Brass 44 Russian cases way back when

Still using them -- they are good cases

I looked on their Website -- saw no mention of 44 Russian or 45 Colt brass

http://www.topbrass-inc.com/reloading-supplies/

--Dawg

Edited by Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329

Top Brass is very good stuff. Wish they still made the brass they did.

Still have a couple of 1K piece bags of their .44 mag brass.

Starline will have everything you need in brass. They are owned by Sierra Bullets.

http://www.starlinebrass.com/

OLG

Edited by The Original Lumpy Gritz

Top Brass was indeed a very good line of brass. Lasts well, even in .45 Colt cases. Use it!

Good luck, GJ

I bought 1000 Top Brass 44 Russian cases way back when

Still using them -- they are good cases

I looked on their Website -- saw no mention of 44 Russian or 45 Colt brass

http://www.topbrass-inc.com/reloading-supplies/

--Dawg

Me too

I bought 2,000 Top Brass .45 Colt cases. They have worked well. I also use Starline. They still make .45 Colt Brass. Dave Casey made my .41 Long Colt and .50-140 3-1/4" brass.

When I started CAS 10 years ago I used AmmoDirect on-line to purchase and reload ammo. They used Top Brass for 45 Colt. I still have a lot of that brass left (AmmoDirect not currently reloading) and still use it for pistol loads. I do use Starline 45 Colt brass for my hot cowboy loads in my Marlin 94 rifle.

I have not used Top Brass in 45 Colt. However I do have some mixed into my buckets of 38 special brass. Every time one finds its way into the hopper of my Dillon 650 case loader, and then down the case loading tube it will jamb up my loader because the base is too thick to enter the shell plate. For that reason, when I find them I put them into the discard bin.

Edited by Snakebite