SASS Wire Forum

Howdy

Short story is...Doc says,'You have a couple of Cataracts starting, you can leave them for a while or do them now, so I says book me in Doc I'II do one now [ master eye of course ].

Two weeks after & I've already booked the 2nd on Jan 11th, WOW what a difference & with both eyes done hopefully it looks like no script glasses for the 'Indian...so look out that first target [especially with the pistol ] as there will be a piece of lead comin' at ya' bit quicker.

And here's a laugh I had a Dr Zabell but it could have been Dr Searight..imagine what more tricks he could have performed !

That's good news! :-)

I pray all goes well for your second procedure.

Dr. Searight? That's hilarious. I knew a kid in the Navy named Seaman.

Good Luck and I hope you have great success after your surgery taking on those steel bad guys :-)

• Like 1

My Uncle Daine (rest his soul) was renowned for the excellence of his eyesight as a young man.

In his old age he had both cataracts done at the same time.

He told my grandfather, "I can see better now than when I was sixteen!"

I had my cataracts done in 2012. I had about 20/200 in my right eye and 20/80 in my left. Now 20/20 in both. I originally went in to see about Lasik surgery. The doc examined my eyes and said I wasn't a candidate for it because I had a small cataract in each eye. The good news was that my insurance would pay for it. Because of other medical issues, they were done about 8 months apart.

It's amazing what they can do. The procedure takes about 20 minutes per eye.

Mine were done in '14. Amazing the difference in the world's colors, not to mention being able to drive without glasses if I had to( don't ask me to read the gauges without'em though). Only thing my distance scrip does is correct astigmatism, the progressive part covers reading.Insurance only would pay for a certain type of replacement lens :blush:

I had my left eye done by a surgeon in Texarkana. Apparently, she was not familiar with, or didn't care, about anathesia. While my eye was partially numb, it wasn't numb enough to keep the procedure from hurting like hell. It took about a week for all the blurriness to clear up. I also looked like I had lost a bar fight.

So for my right eye I chose a different surgeon. I don't remember a thing about that procedure, and had 20/20 the next morning.

One piece of advice for those about to have the surgery. Don't watch a youtube video on how it's done the night before your surgery.

Howdy

Short story is...Doc says,'You have a couple of Cataracts starting, you can leave them for a while or do them now, so I says book me in Doc I'II do one now [ master eye of course ].

Two weeks after & I've already booked the 2nd on Jan 11th, WOW what a difference & with both eyes done hopefully it looks like no script glasses for the 'Indian...so look out that first target [especially with the pistol ] as there will be a piece of lead comin' at ya' bit quicker.

And here's a laugh I had a Dr Zabell but it could have been Dr Searight..imagine what more tricks he could have performed !

Hi Painted,

I have cataracts and I hate it. Things are blurry. The doctor told me that Medicare won't cover the surgery yet as they aren't level 4 yet.

I will definitely check further this year. It is so hard to see road signs.

I will probably still need glasses as I've worn them since I was six.

I hope you have a great shooting year!

Regards,

Allie

Mine were done 6 month's apart. Worst eye first. Had to have'em remove the lens from my glasses on the right side as the old correctives were driving me nuts. Wore those glasses that way until the second surgery :blush:

Mine were done 6 month's apart. Worst eye first. Had to have'em remove the lens from my glasses on the right side as the old correctives were driving me nuts. Wore those glasses that way until the second surgery :blush:

Yep that's it..I decided the morning after surgery I was getting the 2nd done as soon as possible , especially after a fellow patient had just had his other eye done because it drove him nuts seeing 2' different sight pictures'...could've been a lot cheaper here if done when on the aged pension but I wasn't willing to wait 18 months..expensive but well worth it ..well I'II know for sure after Jan 11th.

Mine were done in 2003, a week part.

I couldn't see red, a serious problem when half my appointments were at night. I still wear glasses to see anything inside 20 inches, but it's a marvelous change for 20/200 right, and 20/ 250 left, and cataracts to boot.

A side benefit is like an old detergent commercial: my "whites are whiter and my brights are brighter", and I see everything about 50% bigger.

The procedure has improved a lot over the years

Edited by Forty Rod SASS 3935