SASS Wire Forum

You know hunting season is over when...

Three Foot Johnson

These bachelors have been hanging around below my house for a month now, pretty much ever since hunting season closed. :lol: Picture was taken a couple hours ago and they haven't moved more than fifty yards.

122416Elk_zpsrvq4rqoa.jpg

Mr.Binks,Great photo.Wish it was my back yard.Lucky man for sure.

During the first portion of bow season couldn't get anything closer than 45 yards. Unable to take any shot due to trees. Firearm season they walked right under my stand, of course got them. Back to bow season right now till Jan 15th and was out Thursday and yesterday, nothing. Some of the biggest doe's are coming to my deer feeder out back, but that ain't coture so won't shoot them. Only been hunting two years and got my first buck this year. A nice 7 points on the right side, and the left side had been knocked off from a battle. But, the taxidermist will fix that. :)

Stealth elk! It is a little known fact that elk (especially bulls) have the ability to become invisible the instance they hear the first gunshot of the season! :ph34r: When they are sure the season is over, they reappear. This phenomenon is similar to what happens to reindeer when small children attempt to spot them on Christmas Eve! ;)

Merry Christmas! Happy Chanukah! Happy Kwanza! to all, and to all a good night! :)

My dad worked as a carpenter on FT Eutis in Virginia. He always knew when hunting season opened on base by watching the deer on base. No shooting was allowed within a certain distance from base housing. All through the year, he wouldn't see a single deer, but one day, the area around base housing was loaded with them. That day always turned out to be the opening day of hunting season.