SASS Wire Forum

Thanks T-Bone! Need brass sites for Ruger Blackhawks

OK, I am spoiled. I bought some Ruger Blackhawk site replacement blades from Slick McClade.

But now he can't get them anymore from his supplier.

So now, I'm looking for a replacement, pin-in site blade for my two new Blackhawks. Does anyone know any other sources?

Edited by Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life

Who was the original manufacturer of those sights. Not reasonable that they were discontinued. Slick's distributor may not carry them anymore, but the manufacturer probably still makes them, and a check with them will possibly reveal availability somewhere.

Likely that Marbles would be a good place to look or inquire.

RBK

Who was the original manufacturer of those sights. Not reasonable that they were discontinued. Slick's distributor may not carry them anymore, but the manufacturer probably still makes them, and a check with them will possibly reveal availability somewhere.

Likely that Marbles would be a good place to look or inquire.

RBK

I believe he said it was his brother-in-law, who didn't do it "professionally".

Rolan, I have what you are looking for unused still in the baggy.

Deuce,

Your mailbox is full. Please PM me so we can get this done!

Merry Christmas!

Rolan, are they new "old" Blackhawks or are they New Blackhawks? My New Blackhawks do not have Pinned in sites. How do you put brass front sites on the New Blackhawks?

Caddo

To my knowledge, the Blackhawk has always had the front site blade secured with a roll pin. The blade actually sits down in the base of the front site, and must be drilled. A roll pin is then used to secure the site blade.

I took a picture of my Blackhawk and a picture of the latest Blackhawk from the Ruger Website. Both show the pin for the front site.

blackhawk%20pins.jpg

A HUGE shout out to T-Bone for helping me out! He put a grin on my face! Merry Christmas!!!

Caddo

To my knowledge, the Blackhawk has always had the front site blade secured with a roll pin. The blade actually sits down in the base of the front site, and must be drilled. A roll pin is then used to secure the site blade.

I took a picture of my Blackhawk and a picture of the latest Blackhawk from the Ruger Website. Both show the pin for the front site.

blackhawk%20pins.jpg

A HUGE shout out to T-Bone for helping me out! He put a grin on my face! Merry Christmas!!!

Stainless steel Blackhawks may have pin in front sights. Blued ones do not. I have converted quite a number of blued ones to pin in sights.

I believe he said it was his brother-in-law, who didn't do it "professionally".

Just wasn't enough call for this one style of sight to keep making them. We still carry the full line of Vaquero, colt and Uberti brass sights.

BD, is correct .... the stainless black hawks are the only ones with pin in sights. The blue model does not have pin in sights.

Edited by Slick McClade
  • Like 1

Blackhawks are not all created equal. Some front sights are removable. Solid brass replacements can be purchased or made. Others can not be easily removed, so thin brass can be shaped to cover the front sight including the rear edge. Once made they can be affixed via adhesive. Once this is done you will likely want to widen the rear sight a touch. That is not easy on a Blackhawk as it seems the inserts are like spring steel. Order some extras from Ruger.