SASS Wire Forum

Anybody know any custom Henry Big Boy gunsmiths?

Army GI

SS, barrels should not be tightened that much in any receiver.

Red Cent,

What about when trying to remove it? Is it just clamping it a vise job and twisting the barrel or does it require a special jig to clamp around the receiver?

Are the Italians the only company that hires gorillas to tighten screws? ;)

My opinion is that you will have better luck by writing off the Henry, selling it and buying a Uberti Win73 clone from someone like Cody Conagher (a CodyMatic) or some other source who will sell you the rifle already set up for CAS.

Doesn't the Henry have a magazine tube and an inner tube that you remove to load like a .22 rimfire rifle? If you do want the magazine extended, that will take a bit more effort and parts than just a barrel.

Best to just leave it as is and let it be a button mag

I'm looking for a levergun smith to see if he could install a 24" bbl and an extended tube magazine since Henry only makes them in 20" from the factory? I'm really interested in picking up one of their rifles but I gotta have that 24" bbl.

Best way to do this is buy a Uberti 73, 66 or 76 and pass on the Henry! :P Even a Marlin, I have a 1895 Marlin Cowboy with a 24" barrel in .45-70 and I love it!!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Best way to do this is buy a Uberti 73, 66 or 76 and pass on the Henry! :P Even a Marlin, I have a 1895 Marlin Cowboy with a 24" barrel in .45-70 and I love it!!

And this is the Best way to convert a HENRY BIG BOY?

I'll have to try it the next time I have a Uberti or a Marlin lying around.

Does Henry Repeating Arms know about this.

:)

• Like 1

I think we can all agree on a few points...

A 73, a Marlin, a 92 are better guns for CAS.

But to insult a mans choice of equipment or what HE wants to do with HIS money is not the cowboy way.

Remember that whole freedom thing we go on and on about?

If you can help; then help.

If you can't add anything besides running down the mans choices; then perhaps remaining silent or moving on to the next thread is a good choice.

• Like 1

But to insult a mans choice of equipment or what HE wants to do with HIS money is not the cowboy way.

If you can't add anything besides running down the mans choices; then perhaps remaining silent or moving on to the next thread is a good choice.

THIS

+1000000

AGREE!!!