SASS Wire Forum

marlin cbc question

LostVaquero

Lost Vaquero,

The carrier in the CBC is basically the same as the carrier in non CBC models, respective of caliber of course.

The problem that may occur is that some carriers have bad timing, even when new from the factory, and will give erratic performance with shorter OAL ammo.

..........Widder

Edited by Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054

Back in old days not that far around 1997-2000 I got my Marlin CBC and did have some carrier problems and if you look at a parts list the CBC Carrier Assembly part # 514562 & all others show different #'s.

Example 1894SS shows # 51402, 1894 & 1894P shows #514461, 1894C & 1894CP shows #514561, Then if you go to 1894CB (45) & 1894CB (44) they show #514461, and finally 1894CB (357) shows #514561. Looks very confusing.

I special ordered CBC Carrier direct from Marlin factory as it was under Warranty and being FFL dealer and such I had no problem getting parts back then.You did have to specify what carrier you needed. Also have gotten Carriers from other sources.

After all of this crazy stuff I have encountered carriers for the .38 and my CBC and all work ok. It is a safe Queen and has been made Widdermatic and slick as the blue blazes. Strictly .38's special OAL 1.50 TCFP 125's & 105's no problems.

Midway USA carriers about $60.00

Edited by Jackrabbit Joe #414