SASS Wire Forum

Rare Henry & Winchester Rifles AUCTION

Father Kit Cool Gun Garth

Hey Pards:

Got an email from True West Magazine indicating there was an auction yesterday with rare Henry & Winchester Rifles available. The auction was held by Altermann Galleries in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

I tried to put this information on the SASS WIRE yesterday; however, as many of you know, there were issues with the Website Certificate and I was unable to get to the WIRE to list it.

I'm assuming that the majority of us have not struck it rich with enough gold dust to afford these items which were listed with starting bids from $5,200 to $25,000.

Although the auction has subsequently ended, you can still get to the website to view these beautiful firearms. Follow these directions to get to the listings:

1. Log onto the website www.invaluable.com;

2. On the Header Bar, choose AUCTIONS, and then Auction Houses on the drop down menu;

3. On the alphabet listing, choose the letter "A", then select page 4;

4. Choose "Altermann Galleries" from the list;

5. From the Past Auctions list, choose the December 19, 2016 Auction, clicking on the "Altermann Galleries Year End Online Only Auction";

6. The rifles begin with LOT 5.

The starting bid prices and current bids as of yesterday are not shown, as well as what the selling price was; however, I did download these items prior to the auction closing. If you are interested in what those bids were, just send me an email or list the request here, and I can provide that information.

I would like to mention that with the offerings that included twelve (12) Winchesters, two (2) Henry's and a Marlin the highest bid was for a Factory Engraved Silver Plated Henry Lever Action Rifle, SN 12181, Cal 44 RF for $22,500.

The highest Winchester was an Engraved Winchester Model 1866 Lever Action Rifle, SN 36078, Cal 44 RF Henry for $18,700.

Enjoy these items.

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth