SASS Wire Forum

SASS matches around Houston?

Krazy Kajun

I'm planning a trip to visit family in January and will be spending some time in Katy TX near Houston. I have not yet set the dates for which I'm traveling because I always try and shoot a local match when I visit....who else does that?

Anyway, I'm asking anyone familiar with the clubs around Houston if you could let me know the name of some clubs that shoot close to Houston and what day they shoot their monthly match.

Thanks,

Kajun

Not exactly HSTN, but the Plum Creek club shoots 1st Saturday, near Lockhart.

Texas Riviera Pistoleros shoots 2nd Saturday, near George West (Between San Antonio & Corpus) If you come for the match, I'll pay your entry, and feed you after!

THSS shoots in Columbus 3rd Sunday, I think.

It was just announced that Thunder River Renegades will be shooting a regular match on Dec. 31 st.. Great Club and super targets. Location is just north of Magnolia Texas. About 45 or so miles north of Houston. Easy to get to. Driving instructions and map on website.

RBK

It was just announced that Thunder River Renegades will be shooting a regular match on Dec. 31 st.. Great Club and super targets. Location is just north of Magnolia Texas. About 45 or so miles north of Houston. Easy to get to. Driving instructions and map on website.

RBK

Do they shoot a regular monthly match in January? If so when.

Normally, the regular monthly's are shot the first full weekend of the month. The shoot on the 31st of Dec. is really a make up for the missed Dec shoot that was canceled due to torrential rains. I will assume the January 2017 match would be held on the regular schedule, which would be Jan. 7 and 8. The Saturday match being the biggest.

Contact Numbers are on the website, where you can verify those dates. Usually answered in just a few minutes.

RBK

come on down and join in the fun

thunderriverrenegades.com

1st full weekend of each month

Also if you are willing to drive a bit the Willow Hole Cowboys are shooting the third Saturday of the month. They (we) are up in N. Zulch which is between Madisonville and College Station--a bit of a drive from Houston but fun never the less

cheyenne

THSS January match will be January 15th. Matches are held the third Sunday of each month. The club is located just North of Columbus, which is about 40ish minutes west of Katy.

Main website http://www.thss.org

Directions: http://www.thss.org/location/

Hi there Kajun,

You won't be THAT far from your old home town so how bout planning to shoot with us in Lake Charles on January 4th?

Hellbender

Hellbender, we'll be passing through Lake Charles on the 13th headed to Houston to visit my brother and sister so we won't be able to make your match on the 14th.

I'm planning to shooting at the THSS match in Texas on Jan 15th if all goes well. We'll be back in Pontchatoula later in the week and are going to try and make it to the Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento on Jan 21. We'll be back through there some time and shoot with ya'll.

Kajun

Kajun, drive safe and have a good trip! I hope you can make it here for Bayou Blast March 10 - 12. If I don't see you then the next time it will be at the Cherokee Cowboys April match in Gainesville GA (if my plans don't change, that is)!

Hellbender

Hellbender, I hope you can make our April match...it's our annual Evil Bob match....6 of the most cantankerous stages you'll shoot all year. Last we gave a can of peas to all the shooters that got a P. We gave out 24 cans of peas. Everyone knows in advance that the stages are challenging and it's always fun to see if you can shoot it clean. A challenging yet fun match for sure.

Kajun

..I always try and shoot a local match when I visit....who else does that?

Yes. When it works, I always seem to get a comment about my truck... (when I can get rid of the derned 'pull-toy')!

I find a calendar & this webpage to be very helpful: Affiliated Clubs

Edited by Griff

Kajun, just a single can? If it was a can per P I know I'd leave with a 6-pack :D. Sounds like a fun match!

Hellbender

Hellbender, we'll be passing through Lake Charles on the 13th headed to Houston to visit my brother and sister so we won't be able to make your match on the 14th.

I'm planning to shooting at the THSS match in Texas on Jan 15th if all goes well. We'll be back in Pontchatoula later in the week and are going to try and make it to the Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento on Jan 21. We'll be back through there some time and shoot with ya'll.

Kajun

Saturday the 14th- Darby Rough Regulators. These guys are about an hour and 15 minutes from Katy (depending on where in Katy of course) and are a great club to shoot at. Super folks.

http://www.darbyroughregulators.com/

Enjoy!