SASS Wire Forum

participation awards

evil dogooder

The club that holds the Alabama State shoot gives out awards at the monthly match and I am not a member as I have not joined any clubs since I moved to Alabama for a couple of personal reasons. They sent a survey out and I got one asking about changing the awards program. Now, since I am not a member, I did not reply to the survey as it was for club members. I read the survey and depending on what they decide to do, it will affect how often I will be attending matches at their range other than the State and Annual match.

Over the years I have seen more and more clubs drop monthly awards and I always pushed my club in Illinois to continue to have them as we always had nice awards and I believed they helped attendance. Now that I am gone, I believe they dropped them and made a couple other changes and the attendance continues to get smaller every month.

Right now, I am more likely to attend a monthly match that gives a small award ( poker chip, credit card plaque, leather patch, etc) to those that place in the top of a category or overall than to attend a match that gives nothing. Last year, I mostly went to bigger matches and very few monthly matches and unless something changes, that will probably be where you see me this year.

Maddog

All the 3 day local shoots 'round here give out stuff that shows you were there and participated in the shoot. They're not real "awards" they're more like souvenirs, like plastic or tin badges with your name on it, coffee cups, maybe a baseball cap or t-shirt. All pretty cool stuff! ;)

The primary benefit to participation awards,as named in the OP, is that it provides one more way for shooters to associate a face with an alias; especially those thAt were on another possee

I like the "participation awards" at the Bar 3 monthly shoots. More food than you can eat & still make it back to your car. Yeah, it's a potluck but the club puts in plenty of food along with the shooters and I have never, ever heard a complaint in the 6 years I have shot there.

The past regionals and current annuals have been generous in category awards based on the number of category shooters.. At the last annual a gun was given away every hour the stages were being shot. All shooting awards there are earned. T shirts and/or coffee mugs are in the shooter's packs.

If ya want awards like that... bring a camara... take a picture. But... I'm not these days always thinkin right.

These days??????

Edited by Mack Hacker, #60477

These days??????

That's OK, friend... not sure what landmines I ever placed behind me... along yore path. But I understand. Done more than I can dig up. But Please... whatever... I apologize to you for it. Don't know how to handle it other than that.

If it's OK with you... and if there is an... "Ignore"... button... please push it on my I.D.

I will try to do the same thing on you. Not sure who you are.... but... it don't matter none. This will make each other palatable.

ts

Winter Range has been incredibly generous with their awards and items they have given for participation. The Range Bags last year are a reminder of our participation every time we load up to go shooting. We have Winter Range gun cases and sleeves. We have even won nice items at Winter Range. But most importantly they give us an opportunity to shoot in a National Championship with friends from all over the world. The Winter Range workers are some of the most hard working individuals I have ever meet. They make huge efforts to make this a memorable match. Thank you for all you do!!!!

• Like 1

Certainly no apology necessary. Never considered that you might think I was being serious

My mistake, friend... I done some more insultin' from the past... that I can't hardly remember nobody that I have not offended. My duty now... is to go back and try to deliver good thoughts to those very folks.

However, after i left my office last night... I remembered you... you were always good folks. Sorry, Mac...

Just a FYI... the word Hacker got to me... had to replace my server recently 'cause of silly hacker. Hope you won't hold it again me for my poor mental state of mind... my memory... and forgettin' you... my good friend. You've always been a fair Cowboy.

Again... maybe I don't need to post, no more.

ts

I think an inexpensive pin showing the Club Name and the competitors Alias is a nice touch. Don't need a new one for every shoot, but recognition of participation at that Club is a nice touch. Those pins, (similar to the cheap political campaign pins), can be made at the club as needed, and cost is very little. Something that even the small Clubs can easily afford.

RBK