SASS Wire Forum

BADLANDS Bar 3

Ben Scalped

I hadn't made a monthly in a while but sure am glad I made it Saturday. T Bone and the gang put on another great time for all. Got to shoot with several shooters I hadn't seen in a while and met a few new folks. The stages were a lot of fun and I think everyone that was there had a great time.

I still think I should have got bonus points instead of what I got for shooting the rifle targets with my pistols on that Texas stage, but thats not gonna happen. After the shoot there was a really great good feed and then a gift exchange that was a lot of fun.

I just wasn't brave enough to stay and shoot today in the under 20 degree temp.

A special thank you to T Bone, Ellie, Honey, Ed and all the ret of you for making it such a fun day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you and may the next year bring all of you all the happiness you can stand.

Ben :unsure:

Wow, it sure is chilly in Texas. I'm visitingmyson and his family in the Twin Cities. Today, we soared up to a fiery high of -8 from our earlier -27!!!

The last time I shot at home with El Buscaderos in Spirit Lake, Idaho last winter, it was -5. We had to stage our revolvers because they'd fall out of our hands when we tried to draw/ My eldest son lives in Florida. I think I picked the wrong one to visit for Christmas.I sure hope to shoot wih you all in Texas while I still can!!! It sounds like a great place and a lot of fun! :P

Wow, it sure is chilly in Texas. I'm visitingmyson and his family in the Twin Cities. Today, we soared up to a fiery high of -8 from our earlier -27!!!

The last time I shot at home with El Buscaderos in Spirit Lake, Idaho last winter, it was -5. We had to stage our revolvers because they'd fall out of our hands when we tried to draw/ My eldest son lives in Florida. I think I picked the wrong one to visit for Christmas.I sure hope to shoot wih you all in Texas while I still can!!! It sounds like a great place and a lot of fun! :P

Noon Saturday it was 72 by 7 PM it was 32. This morning it was 18 with the wind chill hovering just above 0.

By Twin Cities standards those temps would be a heat wave but here in North TX it is a mite chilly

I was planning on coming out there on Sat... until the wife let me know that I hadn't worked (she forgets the small jobs, the amount reloading, casting & a couple of other gun projects... oh now I get it... she meant 'earning money'), since November and harped on, er... 'gently reminded' me to get to work... My ONE choice forced me to leave @ midnite Fri... then wouldn't you know it, 30 minutes later, get a call back for a hauling job out to Las Vegas... So here I sit in NW Ark... where it's a balmy 21ºF. At least my satellite TV works!!!

Only one time did I fail to have a grand time at the Bar-3... August a few years ago, heat index over 120º... might have been ok if I wasn't wearing buckskins!!!