SASS Wire Forum

Star Wars, I'm confused

Pulp, SASS#28319

Went to see Rogue One last night. The timeline appears to be immediately before the original movie. So my little brain says it should be episode three, since the original was episode four. The actual episode three deals with the birth of Luke and Leia, and the creation of Darth Vader. Rogue One seems to follow that timeline.

Can anyone explain in a manner easy to explain.

Rogue One is a side story taking place between 3 and 4. I believe it is a story of how they get the plans to the first death star.

Yep, that's it.

I've never seen a StarWars movie.

Howdy,

So you wouldn't want to see more episodes of DEADWOOD timed before

they got to town or just after they arrived or on the way there?

No, nobody round hea would want that.....

Best

CR

The only one I've seen is the original way back when.

It was like a combination western/WWII movie/ :D

If you enjoy science fiction, then like me you'll enjoy some of the Star Wars movies. Probably not all.

Star Wars flicks are action movies. Not thinkers like 2001. ;)

But not everybody is a SyFy fan. I read Heinlein, Dick, Asimov, Clarke and the other masters of the genre as a young lad and enjoyed them immensely. Also westerns and non fiction. i look forward to seeing the newest one.

Edited by Utah Bob #35998

I never did understand the "hype" of the Star Wars franchise. The plot seems to jump around too much. I don't know if it's supposed to be the future or past.

It happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. :D

It happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. :D

I think he means within the context of the, admittedly sometimes confusing, story. ;)

I like Star Wars, like Utah Bob said they're action movies! I've seen ever one so far, no reason not to see this one! Actually looks pretty darn good! ;)

• Like 1

If you enjoy science fiction, then like me you'll enjoy some of the Star Wars movies. Probably not all.

Star Wars flicks are action movies. Not thinkers like 2001. ;)

But not everybody is a SyFy fan. I read Heinlein, Dick, Asimov, Clarke and the other masters of the genre as a young lad and enjoyed them immensely. Also westerns and non fiction. i look forward to seeing the newest one.

I was a big sci-fi reader as well. You named my favorite authors.

However try as I might, I've never ben able to get thru more than 10 minutes of a star wars movie.

Your edumacation is lacking! :)

I guess I'm lacking too

i stopped liking star wars when they said darth vader was the result of immaculate conception. to me that just was immoral to compare him to Jesus and plus in 6 Leah says she had images of her mom and Luke said he never knew her but in a future past episode their mom died at birth and both were afterwards sent separate ways so no way leah could have images and not luke.

but in a future past episode their mom died at birth and both were afterwards sent separate ways so no way leah could have images and not luke.

Anybody who really knows women, knows they never forget anything. They might not remember it correctly, but they never forget it.

Too complicated to explain in this here forum. Let us instead concentrate our efforts with more explainable conundrums like the age old riddle of the chicken crossing the road.

Anybody who really knows women, knows they never forget anything. They might not remember it correctly, but they never forget it.

So let's discuss how to understand women.

The first MAN that can FULLY explain them to me will get his entry to Black Gold 2017 paid by me.

Edited by Duffield, SASS #23454

So let's discuss how to understand women.

The first MAN that can FULLY explain them to me will get his entry to Black Gold 2017 paid by me.

Their ALWAYS RIGHT!

Your edumacation is lacking! :)

I never got interested in that stuff. When Lost In Space used to come on in the black and white tv days I'd go outside and play or something, it didn't appeal to me. The same with Star Trek, I tried watching it a few times and thought it was pretty corny. Give me a Western anytime. I never missed Bonanza, GunSmoke, Paladin, High Chapparal, etc... but science fiction stuff didn't interest me and still doesn't.

Like others said, this is a side story. The Clone Wars movie was a side story too. Milking the franchise? You bet! Why not? I'd love to share some of that milk! :) anyway, the Star Wars franchise was going downhill until Disney bought them out. We went to Disneyworld a couple of weeks ago.... storm troopers where walking around everywhere!

Just saw yesterday.... went full out. 3D and with HTX surround sound. Very cool!

You are confused because you are not using The Force,