SASS Wire Forum

4 days til winter

Utah Bob #35998

At least the wind slacked off. It was blowing 25 mph earlier. I layered up good to plow the road.

DpWTKm.jpg

Edited by Utah Bob #35998

BULLSH.........stuff! It just hit here. Temp dropped about 35 degrees and headed into the teens, 30 mph wind. Just went and topped off the bird feeders, had to come back halfway thru and put my Alaska gloves on.

Antigua is sounding better all the time.

JHC

Howdy,

I never understood this idea of winter starting on Dec 22.

Around here winter starts sometime like Dec 1.

An early snow is on Halloween....

seems like somebody went to collage too long..

Best

CR

It's here now. 5 degrees tonight with freezing drizzle and snow, tomorrow's high in the teens. Starting antifreeze consumption soon!

Edited by J-BAR #18287

21 at sunset about a half hour ago. Right now it's 9.

Howdy,

I never understood this idea of winter starting on Dec 22.

Around here winter starts sometime like Dec 1.

An early snow is on Halloween....

seems like somebody went to collage too long..

Best

CR

It's called the winter equinox. Starting on the first day of winter the days get longer. Don't matter how cold or how much snow ya got, it's got to do with the movement of the earth! ;)

It's called the winter equinox. Starting on the first day of winter the days get longer. Don't matter how cold or how much snow ya got, it's got to do with the movement of the earth! ;)

BINGO

This clinical, mathematical, astrological, astronautical stuff is ...... KRAP. Winter starts at FIRST SNOW. PERIOD. Any of those over educated know-it-all's think it ain't winter are welcome to stroll down to the local market in their Sandals, Shorts and T-Shirts.

Coffinmaker

This clinical, mathematical, astrological, astronautical stuff is ...... KRAP. Winter starts at FIRST SNOW. PERIOD. Any of those over educated know-it-all's think it ain't winter are welcome to stroll down to the local market in their Sandals, Shorts and T-Shirts.

Coffinmaker

You're just an old cranky angry white COLD male!!! Just think of Pam's biscuits and gravy!! That'll warm ya up! :P

We are having "hard freezes" here in "sunny California." BRRRRRRRRRR!

Well warm it up! We're heading over there next week!

Almost 1 degree this morning. LOvely clear skies though.

UHi1mZ.jpg
iGnsdv.jpg

Edited by Utah Bob #35998

Solstice, Ry... Solstice. ;)

Winter solstice ~ shortest day and longest night. Summer solstice is in June.

Equinoxes are the two days in March and September when the days and nights are of equal time.

Now, if you were a Druid, you’d be celebrating Alban Arthan, which means “The Light of Arthur.” Some Druid Orders believe this means the Light of the hero King Arthur Pendragon, who is symbolically reborn as the Sun Child at the time of the Solstice. :rolleyes:

But for most of us, it's just plumb cold. Down to 34° last night. :huh:

Coffinmaker

LOL you are funny CC, I put chains on the semi I drive in jeans and t-shirt (i do not wear sandals) most recent in a snow storm with winds up to 70 mph, although my wife did find out and made me buy one of those bright yellow safety wind breaker but now I just fell like a target

Edited by The Shoer 27979

Coffinmaker

Those would be Canadians.

Winter's been here for a few weeks now. We had freezing rain Fri. night into Sat.. Have already had my fill of chipping ice off the drive, not to mention all the salt we've already used on the streets here. We ran out Friday,of course. Shipment didn't get here, truck broke down. We've been cadging the bags that were solids to at least try to get some for the walks in the public areas :(:angry::blush:

Where are you heading?

Morro Bay to spend Christmas with family.

Morro Bay to spend Christmas with family.

So many wonderful seafood restaurants there. I hope you get to go to some of them. Our Western Regional is at the range there. It is a wonderful place to go in the summer heat.

I hope you enjoy your Christmas visit!