SASS Wire Forum

The Great Herds are Migrating South!

Wow. Worse that I've experienced. In 1989, right after I came off Drill Sergeant duty, my wife and I took a 30 day leave and headed to our friends in Casper Wyoming. 2nd day of travel from Cheyenne to Casper we encountered a tumbleweed front. We had just bouught a brand new toyota van. The wife says " hey, let's play tumbleweed bingo. You try to adjust your speed in order to miss hitting one. Aftter about 10 mintues of 100% misses, we spot a tumbleweed that looks to be about 5 foot tall slowly bouunces along towards the freeway. She challenges me. Its close to the road about to cross in front of me. I slow down to miss it. Suddenly the wind changes direction and increases propelling the tumbleweed straight into the front right of the van. it actually pushed the vehicle toward the center line.

I stopped, got out and inspected my new van. The front right side of the vehicle was dented in pretty good.

I calmly got back in the vehicle, looked at her and said. " I don't want to play bingo anymore"