SASS Wire Forum

Antique Firearms Calendar project

For the last month I've been photographing and doing the individual gun write-ups for a Bic Graphics calendar that will feature a dozen antique firearms.

I thought you might like to see some of the photographs from the session.

• Like 2

Thanks Mike:

When & Where will the calendar be available for purchase?

--Dawg

Prairie Dawg,

This isn't going to be a calendar that you can buy at the bookstore. It is the sort of calendar that your bank or your dentist gives to customers.

But, since so many people in different venues have been asking me about buying this calendar, when it is available, I'm considering buying 500 of them myself and sell them at roughly cost, plus shipping...if I'm sure people will actually buy them.

I don't want to be stuck with 300 calendars when everything is said and done...

So, if you’re interested, you can go to my Facebook writer's page, The Duelist's Den, and "Like" the page.

If I do a calendar buy, I'll announce it there.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.beliveau.writer/

I enjoy your videos and the content. But I especially take note of your photos. I can see all the effort you put into collecting all the other items that complement the main subject of the picture.

I would have like to have seen an old Marlin rifle included in the collection.

Maybe in next year's calendar. The policy is that I can't repeat a make/model of gun until the third year after it appears. So, assuming this is a success for Bic Graphics, and they opt to keep going with antique firearms calendars in the future, the next calendar will have to feature a whole new batch of guns.

...I don't want to be stuck with 300 calendars when everything is said and done....

But Mike, the 2017 calendar repeats in just 6 years (2023), so if you had any left over you could sell those then :)