SASS Wire Forum

Its Mikes Fault

Major Crimes

If your ever in Australia Bottom Dealing Mike steer clear of Sydney. My wife is looking for the guy whose video convinced me to buy a C&B revolver :ph34r:

In fairness to you I did get an 1861 rather than your recommended 1851 but I just couldn't go past the lines and looks.

Its a Uberti 1861 Navy with a 7.5" barrel :D

Now I need to put together the accessories kit (funny that's what the wife said she was doing when she found out how much I spent, I don't think she meant accessories for the gun :unsure: ).

What do you recommend I get to make the 1861 Navy sing?

I am not Mike,wish I had his knowledge. Maybe a good CAP & BALL smith.

Edited by Pit Bull Tex

Your wife's new outfit

Edited by twelve mile REB

A powder flask with a spout you can fill down until it dispenses the volum of powder you want to use... one

with inter-changeable spouts so that when you get your .44 you just fit a new spout ...

A capper, I use an in-line capper...

Nipple wrench with pick...

A ball mould ...

New Nipples ... Teso's

Jabez Cowboy

What do you recommend I get to make the 1861 Navy sing?

I've got a brace of Uberti 1860's, and followed these instructions, even though they're for Pietta, Larsen Pettifogger wrote them up about eight years ago;

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=5659.0

There's also the video Bottom Dealing Mike has on his YouTube page discussing smoothing out the hammer to prevent 'cap sucking'......easy alternative to 'cap posts' or other modifications such as what Long Hunter Shooting Supply is offering.

Thanks all.

TMR- I think the wife has that one well in hand, she left with my AMEX 10 min ago laughing like an evil scientist.

At this stage its the tools and aids I need that I am looking for, although I will give the hammer smoothing a go to reduce the cap sucking.

Some time back, I had the change to get hold of Rowdy Yates, SASS convention seminar notes and photos.

-----------------------------

I posted all three seminars on the Brimstone Pistolero's web site.

You will find the links to the seminars in the left colume , second from the bottom./

Rowdy Yates Black Powder Seminars

I do love Mikes videos. They helped nudge me down the Black Powder path for CAS for sure lol. And sold an 1851 for Pietta this Christmas in 44 caliber, with a conversion cylinder! 😀

BD

CH- Thanks I have had a quick look and there is plenty there for me.

Mike- Your compassion and sympathy know no bounds :P

All- Thanks for the advice, sympathy and ribbing. I am sure it will be worth it all when I get it all together and blow some smoke. I had to resort to ordering a fair bit of the gear from the US of A as it is pretty difficult to get some of it here.

cheers