SASS Wire Forum

OT question---Ruger 10/22 high capacity magazines

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm:

Which outfit makes the most reliable 20 to 50+ shot magazines for Ruger 10/22's?

I used to use the Ramline ones, but I think they are no longer made.

Much obliged,

Mustang

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

http://shopruger.com/Ruger-BX-25-Magazine-2-Pack/productinfo/90548/

Found at virtually every sporting goods store and gun show on the planet. You can often find these on sale. Cabelas had a mountain of them (literally) a couple of weeks ago.

I use the ones made by HCMAGS. (HC3R). They are a heckofa lot easier to load than the Rugers, and they hold 25 in the mag with a stripper clip of 25 in the side slot. Very fast to slip them in. www.hcmags.com

Al

Howdy

Them jamline er ramline mags were great until they cracked.

Somehow they got 50 rounds in one little mag.

Too bad they didn't make em outta aluminum or something.

I like getting one of those connectors and connecting two standard 10 rounders

So shoot ten, flip and shoot 10 more. Then pull out the next set.

The ruger double 25 is about as awkward as it gets.

I forget the outfit but there is a metal 20 or 25 shot mag that LOOKS terriffical.

And colors too.....

Or spend your hard earned bucks on a Beyer barrel and you wont NEED all them shots.

Best

CR

Howdy,

Tactical innovations.

OR factory.

Or get a Beyer barrel and you wont have to shoot more than once......

Adjustable mags, how cool is that?

Best

CR

I thought the other post was lost. Weird-0-rama.

Edited by Chili Ron

I have had about every one ever made .

They are all junk compared to Rugers mag !

The Ruger mags have metal lips. Some of the aftermarket mags I bought before the Ruger mags were available had plastic lips. Not only did the aftermarket mags feed poorly but their lips where chipped after use.

I use the ones made by HCMAGS. (HC3R). They are a heckofa lot easier to load than the Rugers, and they hold 25 in the mag with a stripper clip of 25 in the side slot. Very fast to slip them in. www.hcmags.com

Al

First I've heard of this set up.

With the open design of this system. Have you had and issues with dirt/crud causing feed issues?

Very interesting design. Someone burnt some braincells over this. ;)

OLG

Edited by The Original Lumpy Gritz

About 25 years ago I tried a Ramline 25 rounder. Could not get that thing to work. Then at a gun show I bought a Wilson 50 round mag. Shaped like a tear drop. You had to take the back off and use a small included wrench to wind it up, and insert the rounds into a rubber belt. Release the wrench and put the back on. Slow to load, but reliable. Now I just use the Ruger 10 rounders.

German Sport Group GSG 110 round. All metal feed lip rotary drum works flawlessly. Takes a while to load but it was the first mag my daughter couldn't dump in in under 3 seconds. Got it from cheaper than dirt a couple of years back. Fits 10/22 just as well, if not better than, Ruger BX-25.

Is there such a thing as a "pre-ban" larger capacity magazine for 10/22s?

We have had a 10 round limit since 09/13/1994, so I would need to be able to prove that the magazine was manufactured before that date. Are Ruger BX-25s date marked?

LL

I have tried most of the mags out there but the Ruger mags are the best...But, that HC Mags set up is the coolest I have ever seen in this regard. I may have to try that out.

Thank you Al Overa.

The "belt fed" Mitchell mags were the only 50 rounders I ever tried that worked reasonably well, but the plastic tab on the cover was easily broken off.

Ruger or Butler Creek steel lip mags for 25 rounders.

Edited by J Bar Binks, #47015

Al

I can see myself burning a LOT of ammo with those things! :P

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Yep. That's what I reckoned.

Ruger mags are best. But not the cheapest.

I just wanted to find out what you SASS Pards thought.

Merry Christmas.

Mustang

I have two of the Buffalo something brand the rest are ruger bx-25 mags the two non ruger would not fit in my ruger takedown lite the stock wasn't open enough so there are differences in fit. I like those because they were molded to allow them to snap together opposite of each other so you could eject flip over and reinsert and continue to fire if the zombie horde was advancing on you.

Is there such a thing as a "pre-ban" larger capacity magazine for 10/22s?

We have had a 10 round limit since 09/13/1994, so I would need to be able to prove that the magazine was manufactured before that date. Are Ruger BX-25s date marked?

LL

Looked at my mags, didn't see any, inside/out.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Loophole:

Does OH still have a ban on "high capacity" mags?

Just askin'

MG

"Ohio has no law restricting large capacity magazines. However, Ohio includes within the definition of "[a]utomatic firearm" any automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long rifle cartridges. See http://smartgunlaws.org/machine-gunsautomatic-firearms-in-ohio/ "

First I've heard of this set up.

With the open design of this system. Have you had and issues with dirt/crud causing feed issues?

Very interesting design. Someone burnt some braincells over this. ;)

OLG

OLG, never have had a failure to feed, they come apart for cleaning just like the Rugers, (4 Allen screws), but haven't had any issues with dirt and crud in any of them. They have stainless feed lips, and work in all three of my 10-22s. I have a couple BX25s, and they do require regular cleaning due to the "closed" design where the dust etc can't be easily blown out with a quick puff.

• Like 1

Ruger!!!

Idaho has no magazine capacity BS!!!

I love IDAHO!!! :D

The Original Lumpy Gritz, on 18 Dec 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

An 'automatic firearm' and semi-automatic are not the same. <_<I know that.

How does your state define 'automatic firearm'? :unsure:see https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/analysis-ohios-magazine-capacity-limit

OLG