SASS Wire Forum

Help Uberti Single Action Bisley Firing Pin Rivet

irish ike, SASS #43615

I'm replacing the firing pins and rivet on a 2004 Bisley. I ordered the parts from VTI. The new pin falls through the hammer.

New pin is .074 and the old pin is .078 ish.

VTI shows he same rivet for all single actions

Being an older pistol would they have used Colt spec's for the diameter of the rivet?

The old one is worn and bent so I need another.

Thanks

Ike

Once upon a time I had to replace one of those on a Uberti that was even older than that. probably 1998 or so. Anyway, not knowing any better, I went to the local well stocked hardware store. I took the hammer with me and find the next larger size split roll pin. I clearanced the hole in the firing pin to be sure the roll pin didn't bind on it, then used the proper drill on the hammer. When the pin is tapped home it holds tight to the two sides of the hammer, allowing the FP to pivot as it should.

It is a rivet. Does it fall through after you have flared the ends? If you want a press fit and don't want to go through the problem of upsetting the rivet I have used a 5//64 roll pin.

I will go look and see what size if any I have.I changed the firing pin out in my P models.And I may have some.No such luck,I gave the last one a had away.Had the old one and it was .078 or .079.

Edited by Pit Bull Tex

It sounds like it's a mite too small. However it is intended you lay the hammer on a hard flat surface (anvil part of a vise) and peen the ends alternating. Since it's too small, I'd go the roll pin route.

Coffinmaker