SASS Wire Forum

Firing Squad vs. Lethal Injection

I personally feel that anyone convicted of a crime worthy of the death penalty beyond any reasonable doubt should be vanished.

Presented upon sentencing to a team of men in black and whisked away in an unmarked vehicle never to be seen or heard from again.

No prison. No family or friend interaction. Nothing. Think of the psychlogical aspects of that.

One is sentenced then one is gone...forever.

How do they vanish, what happens to them you ask? Who cares. They are gone. No what ifs. No BS. Just gone.

What he said, I like this.

I kinda like the hole in the castle idea.

I saw one of those holes at Warwick Castle in England. It was a hole in a stone floor of the dungeon that was about 12 feet deep. Bottom of the hole was about 4'x4'. It had a metal grate over the hole. It would be easy to forget about you down there.

Negan and Lucille could take care of this problem.

Negan... TWD fella who also deserves a snuff-endin', as well? Why give him the satifaction of aleviatin' somebody's problem? I would put the bat to him, myself. hehehe

I used to be in favor of the death penalty. But there have been so many on death-row that have DNA-tested otherwise... that, over the years, I begun to re-think my philosophy. Absolute proof... without witness aspersions. Just cold, hard facts. Witnesses are not reliable. A fact. That's the only way...

Otherwise... I am not for a jury or judge-convicted death-sentence without an "absolute" irrefutable evidential admission in court. Just too many mistakes can be made. If anybody can pull the death-lever... on a possibly, later-proven innocent man... you are... I would say "not better"... but a different man than me. I could not do it and would not convict without "absolute" proof.

This will not make folks happy with me. Well... who cares... join the club.

ts

TS everybody gets a bellybutton and an opinion. You just stated yours.

Nothing wrong with that. Some may not agree with it, but I believe that

reasonable folks will accept it.

I agree with Tennessee Stud and Tom Bullweed, too many convictions are being overturned because of DNA and corrupt witnesses. There is also the cost of the process of execution in this country, there are better ways to spend the money. I kinda favor the Feds building a prison just for such criminals - death penalty, life without parole, etc - in some remote area. You go in and you never come out. Cheap to build, just losts of fences and nothing for days around. Don't even need doors on the cells. How well would you sleep every night, knowing everyone else there is a murderer and the door tain't locked? Heh heh heh.

The fly in my beer is that court lawyers, on both sides, are not after truth but a win. The Duke lacrosse 'rape' case where a DA pushed for convictiins even though all evidence proved the victim was lying is just one example.

The DP has real value as a deterent, but the evidence must include eyewitnesses with no doubt, DNA or other solid proof.

I agree with you except for the deterent part. The death penalty has never worked as a deterent in any society it has ever been used, no matter how swift. The best example is when they used to hang pick pockets in the public square and yet that was the most profitable events for pick pocketing. The real purpose for the death penalty is that some people are just to despicable to live another day. If only the courts could get it right

Negan... TWD fella who also deserves a snuff-endin', as well? Why give him the satifaction of aleviatin' somebody's problem? I would put the bat to him, myself. hehehe

I used to be in favor of the death penalty. But there have been so many on death-row that have DNA-tested otherwise... that, over the years, I begun to re-think my philosophy. Absolute proof... without witness aspersions. Just cold, hard facts. Witnesses are not reliable. A fact. That's the only way...

Otherwise... I am not for a jury or judge-convicted death-sentence without an "absolute" irrefutable evidential admission in court. Just too many mistakes can be made. If anybody can pull the death-lever... on a possibly, later-proven innocent man... you are... I would say "not better"... but a different man than me. I could not do it and would not convict without "absolute" proof.

This will not make folks happy with me. Well... who cares... join the club.

ts

Just kidding, but don't worry, Negan will get his. :)

I think the pendulum is swinging away from the death penalty, for the reasons you state.

I agree with Tennessee Stud and Tom Bullweed, too many convictions are being overturned because of DNA and corrupt witnesses. There is also the cost of the process of execution in this country, there are better ways to spend the money. I kinda favor the Feds building a prison just for such criminals - death penalty, life without parole, etc - in some remote area. You go in and you never come out. Cheap to build, just losts of fences and nothing for days around. Don't even need doors on the cells. How well would you sleep every night, knowing everyone else there is a murderer and the door tain't locked? Heh heh heh.

Do you mean like this place

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dolphin_Prison

I agree with you except for the deterent part. The death penalty has never worked as a deterent in any society it has ever been used, no matter how swift. The best example is when they used to hang pick pockets in the public square and yet that was the most profitable events for pick pocketing. The real purpose for the death penalty is that some people are just to despicable to live another day. If only the courts could get it right

It is a sure fire way to cure recidivism.

Then of course there's always this tried and true method of dealing with some of these evil death penalty monsters:

From "Geronimo An American Legend" (MPAA rating PG-13).

Al Sieber, Indian Scout (Robert Duvall):

"They got lots of ways to kill you. One of their favorites is to strip you, tie you upside down to a wagon wheel. They pour pitch on you.....light you on fire. (Clucks his tongue.)"

In many of these death penalty cases, that thought may begin to swim around in your mind as being appropriate. :-)

:-)

Edited by Cat Brules, SASS #14086

Public stoning or hanging. The public needs to be witness as a deterrent to more crime.

• Like 1

Well, I'll jump in here.

I have a dark side, especially for evil doers like the scumbag detailed here.

My solution is: Let me have him for 24 hours.

Edited by Lost Trail