SASS Wire Forum

Do You Sleep With Your Dog?

Yul Lose

We had to go from a queen to a king because our lab slept cross ways on the bed. We've a smaller dog now, but she still gets 1/3 of the bed.

BS

Dogs in the house, Limey and I wouldn't have it any other way. We had the sheriff pull up in the yard one day. Didn't think much of it, we just thought he was turning around. After about 5 minutes of the dogs barking at the window, we noticed that the sheriff was still there. We walked out to him. He rolled down the window and let us know about some recent local burglarys, but again glanced back at the window and said we didn't have anything to worry about and left. He wouldn't get out of his car because of the dogs!!! Our current zoo has a 90 lbs Anatolian(sp?), a 120 lbs German Shepard/Timberwolf, and a 95 lbs mutt.

We never wanted them in the bed and up until our lastest dog, they never did. Thor, mutt/hienz 57 mix, has worked his way on the bed. After we let him out of the crate during the night, he would work his way on. He was small and light and we wouldn't know he was on the bed unless we rolled over and kicked him. In the end, he won and sleeps at the foot of the bed playing chaperone between us. All 95 pounds worth.

Yep! Our boxer slept between mama and me ( Cali king bed ) and the cats up by our heads on the pillows!! By the way we don't need an alarm clock neither, cats bite and pull your hair and the big dummy would crawl up till he could lick yer face when it was time for breakfast, would'nt have it any other way, miss them when where away from home!!

Spades H. Lost our boxer last spring heart breaking, but the cats are still there...

Edited by Spades Hanlin SASS#66204

I had 2 cats for 20 years. Half brother and sister, when I was ready to go to bed I would clap my hands and say "let's go" and the cats would meander off my bed. I then closed the door. I can't sleep with animals unless they're human! :P

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Never had Dogs sleep with us in bed: right next to it though. Every Cat we ever had would sleep in the bed with us without an invitation. The biggest one was a German Persian , which we brought back from Germany ( they do not have the pushed in noses). His name was "Sir Edward" and he was a cream color with Bight Copper eyes; get this, he weighed 28 pounds. Yes he slepted with us and took up a lot of the bed! Wish we still had him.. cheers, Hoss c.

We've let our dogs sleep with us in the past, but the ones we have now prefer to sleep on their dog beds the floor next to our bed, one on each side. I tell ya, there's nothing like a cold wet nose on a bare patch of skin to jump-start yer heart early in the morning.

Do you sleep with your dog or does your dog sleep with you?

I don't exactly know!! I guess it depends on whether I get to bed first, or if she does. If the dog gets there first. I have to wake her up and make her move so I can get in the bed!!! :o:lol::lol::lol:

I'm still trying to figure out how a 7 pound cat can take up almost an entire queen size bed alone...... :unsure:

That cat weighs almost as much as YOU do!! :blink::wacko::lol::lol:

No.

I ain't really fond of having dogs in the house either.

That's one thing that causes issues when I house sit for my sister. She has several dogs and they sleep in the bed with her. I won't let them in bed with me, so I spend all night making one or the other get off the bed.