SASS Wire Forum

Clint Eastwood or John Wayne

Smoken D

Which would you choose?

I'm a thinking John Wayne, the man's cowboy and you knew when he showed up. Anything other than a cowboy was not that great. But, what a cowboy!

I'm a thinking Clint, was he a bad guy or a good guy ya just could never tell as a cowboy. Faster than the fastest with a gun, and the eyes. He gave us Dirty Harry and he was one heck of a cop. A Secret Service Agent working with the President. And then there are the movies he produced/directed.

They are both legends that will live forever. Both have a very special place. Could you choose?

Jimmy Stewart.

A true American hero. He flew bombing missions over Germany in W.W.II. and retired as a Brigadier General in the Air Force Reserves. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross twice, Croix de Guerre, Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters.

Plus he was the man that shot Liberty Valance!

Depending on what you are choosing for. I disagree with the premise that only John Wayne's cowboy movies were great. Sands of Iwo Jima, The Quiet Man, They were Expendable were all great films. He didn't do as many non cowboy films as Clint Eastwood so it is not an easy comparison.

Jimmy Stewart.

A true American hero. He flew bombing missions over Germany in W.W.II. and retired as a Brigadier General in the Air Force Reserves. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross twice, Croix de Guerre, Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters.

As an actor, I've never cared for Jimmy Stewart much.

Besides, JOHN WAYNE shot Liberty Valance!

But, Liberty did have two of the greatest side men in Westerns history:

Lee Van Cleef and Strother Martin

I prefer John Wayne Cowboy movies over Clint Eastwood cowboy movies.

I only remember one John Wayne cop movie and it was ok, I liked most of the Dirty Harry movies.

Tom Selleck, Jimmy Stewart, Sam Elliot and James Garner made some good cowboy movies.

Linda Carter, Farrah, Raquel Welch, Loni Anderson,Ginger, Mary Ann.

So many Ladies and you want me just to pick one?

How about a different one everyday of the week and I can rest on Sunday before I start over again.

Duke cop(ish) movies.

Brannigan. Chicago cop gone to London to extradite a hood.

McQ. All I remember is a green Firebird and a MAC9 submachine gun.

Big Jim (somebody). Him and Matt Dillon. FBI agents in Hawaii in the 50s, chasing Commie spies.

Were there others?

Edited by Alpo

Jimmy Stewart.

Plus 10!

Both. I like them both and I love all their movies...well, the Westerns, anyways.

I prefer John Waynes cowboy movies over Clint Eastwoods. Im not a fan of spegetti westerns. Let me rephrase that, I don't like Italian westerns at all. I liked Eastwood when he played Rowdy Yates in Rawhide and hes a good actor. And no one mentioned him yet but Glenn Ford made some good westerns. Im picky, I watch how someone rides a horse. Never could take to Gene Autry for that reason, but Bill Elliott could ride and Tim McCoy could ride.

I like them both .

John could not play the parts that Clent did.

Clint could not play the parts that John did .

And neither could play Festes !

So I ask this .

If a Doctor is doctoring a Doctor .

Do's the Doctor doctor the Doctor the way the Doctor wants to doctor the Doctor?

Or

Do's the Doctor doctor the Doctor the way the Doctor wants to be doctored ?

How about Jack Elam? I loved that guy. One of my favorite lines of his was "My thumbs are gettin' tired" in Rio Lobo when he had the triggers on the shotgun wired. Hilarious.

Jimmy Stewart.

He was everything Wayne pretended to be and wasn't

Jimmy Stewart.

Correction: He was the man that everybody thought shot Liberty Valance.

Duke shot him.

He was everything Wayne pretended to be and wasn't

John Wayne didn't pretend. <_<

I think we may be losing sight of the original post.

As usual.

Edited by Utah Bob #35998

I'm still trying to figure out on what basis I am supposed to be choosing.

As an actor, Clint Eastwood. John Wayne played John Wayne better than anybody else could ever try. Doesn't mean I don't love his movies, but I think Clint gets the nod for better acting chops. Although, it must be noted John Wayne had good comedic timing and did plenty (not all) of his own stunts, even after surviving cancer.

As a patriotic American, I think I have to call a tie. Clint Eastwood served, after being drafted, but John Wayne was without a doubt a patriotic American who did what he could for American morale.

As the person I would most like to sit down and share a beer with, I think I would have to give a very slight edge to John Wayne, as I've heard that he was quite funny and a practical joker.

The person I would most like to have my six in any kind of an altercation... Either one.

John Wayne for his movies. I 'specially like his 1930s westerns.

Clint Eastwood for his later movies: Unforgiven, Pale Rider.

If I had to pick one to be on my team, Duke Wayne. Eastwood surprised too many of his associates.

Ya' know?? Come to think of it!!

WHY DO I HAFTA' CHOOSE??? :unsure: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Blackwater 53393

Every time he put on a uniform he was pretending to be something he never was

Actually, that is called acting.. There is a whole industry built around it!! The actors seldom even get to select their own wardrobe......

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 1

Actually, that is called acting.. There is a whole industry built around it!! The actors seldom even get to select their own wardrobe......

while his colleagues went to war he was at home and furthered his career playing a war hero in the movies while the true heroes like Stewart and others served

One time Emerson Fittipaldi got pulled over for speeding. Mario Andretti was riding with him. I guess he was doing way over the limit. Anyway the cop asks him "Who do you think you are, Mario Andretti?" He replies, No, I'm Emerson Fittipaldi...Mario is in the passenger seat.

When someones says cowboy movies, I think John Wayne.......when they say bada##, I think Clint Eastwood.

Well, let's ask a Doctor. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZWfMgjqAs

So I ask this .
If a Doctor is doctoring a Doctor .
Do's the Doctor doctor the Doctor the way the Doctor wants to doctor the Doctor?
Or
Do's the Doctor doctor the Doctor the way the Doctor wants to be doctored ?