SASS Wire Forum

Braille instructions

First of all I think I should say that I have no problems with helping the handicapped. But I must laugh when I see:

Braille instructions at the drive-up ATM. Well maybe the blind person could be in the back seat.

In the men's room at a restaurant. "Employees must wash hands before returning to work". Is the blind person going to run his hands over every surface in the men's room just to learn if there is a message that says he must wash his hands.

First of all I think I should say that I have no problems with helping the handicapped. But I must laugh when I see:

Braille instructions at the drive-up ATM. Well maybe the blind person could be in the back seat.

In the men's room at a restaurant. "Employees must wash hands before returning to work". Is the blind person going to run his hands over every surface in the men's room just to learn if there is a message that says he must wash his hands.

:unsure::wacko: Hey MO!! You sure you ain't kin to Alpo?? ;):lol::lol:

I have often wondered the same thing!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reminds me of when Congress voted to eliminate tax support for providing Braille copies of Playboy Magazine.

They took the magazine away from the only folks who were reading the articles.

The company I worked for received a contract to make braille signage for the public transit department of a large US City. The signs were metal embossed with the route numbers for the busses in the city. When they were going to install them, it was discovered that the copy was wrong on ALL of the signs. Apparently the guys in charge did not know braille and where they got the information was incorrect. The signage did not get installed but can you imagine all those poor folks going who knows where. Be like the guy on the MPA, immortalized by the Kingston Trio.

I noticed that back a number of years ago....I started watching who was driving into those ATMs....Makes you wonder....

TL

Edited by Texas Lizard