SASS Wire Forum

World Championship of Darts, yes DARTS, starts Thursday

That's awesome. I'm a big fan of darts. Used to play for money at a local dive when I was younger. Love the game and miss it. More than once lol

I use to throw in a league and money tournaments until my wife asked if I was ever going to leave the bar and come home. Now that we are "empty-nesters", I'm tempted to start throwing again.

Throwing sharp objects in a room packed with people. Legal in California?

I used to DVR darts when it was shown around midnight on one of the sports channels a couple years ago. Watching someone throw a perfect game is pretty impressive on the rare occasions it occurs. The first time I watched darts on tv I was a little dubious about it being a spectator sport. The commentators make all the difference. I don't recall seeing this Van Gerwen guy, but I do recall Phil Taylor and some other big heavyset English bloke that was the big darts hot-shot at the time.

I played on a league many, many moons ago. I set up a dart board in my basement when we last moved. Haven't played in a bar since the move and haven't thrown a dart anywhere for close to 20 years.

As a kid, playing darts consisted of standing on one side of a basement or garage and flinging darts at a board on the opposite wall. Lots of little holes in walls. Not so many in the dart board. The first time I threw regulation darts I thought "Wow. It's so close. This has got to be easy." Ha. I guess that's what folks think the first time they shoot CAS, too.

If they show it on a channel I get I'll surely watch it.

BTW, I never did figure out that song the crowd sings during breaks and at the end of the show. I'm not sure if it's a darts thing or just a European sports thing.

Angus