SASS Wire Forum

for sale "Slick Magic" 1894-c 357

Irish Pat

I need to sell my J M Marlin 1894-C 357 Marlin carbine with action work by "Slick McClade" himself. The carbine is marked "Slick 46 on the top of the bolt. it has a lever wrap, Mernickle butt cover, Lyman tang sight, the rear sight on the barrel is a Marbles flat top, and it has Slick's sure hit front sight. It looks great. The action is "Slick" it even feeds my police style semi wadcutter bullets I get from the police dept. It holds ten 38 specials with no problem. I was getting the carbine set up from my wife and daughter to shoot and now neither one are interested anymore as we now have our first grandchild. Marlins are lot lighter and handier than 73s and the actions seems smaller to me. This one functions fine. I had the stock shortened a little but I am 5'9" and it handles well for me, you can always add a piece of wood under the butt cover if you want it longer.. Pull up Slick's web site and read about them There is a long waiting list for his Marlin Magic. I am asking $1,200 and I will pay shipping and put it in a hard case. It would make a fine Christmas gift. I will be glad to send pictures. Irish Pat, SASS 19486