SASS Wire Forum

Posting a picture

Montana Greg

I wish we could post direct. I've tried the photo bucket route, no joy. I can post pictures direct to Facebook, craigslist, emails etc, why not direct to this forum? I've heard it takes up too much bandwidth....whatever that is..... but I don't really know. Seems like if we can send a man to the moon we ought to be able to fix this. If its a question of $$$$, I bet most of us would pony up a few bucks a year to pay for the privilege.

What say you SASS?

I wish we could post direct. I've tried the photo bucket route, no joy. I can post pictures direct to Facebook, craigslist, emails etc, why not direct to this forum? I've heard it takes up too much bandwidth....whatever that is..... but I don't really know. Seems like if we can send a man to the moon we ought to be able to fix this. If its a question of $$$$, I bet most of us would pony up a few bucks a year to pay for the privilege.

What say you SASS?

+1000, I still can't figger out to do it from "Drop box" and Photo Bucket drive me crazy with all the advertising.

What say you SASS?

+1

I had a Photobucket account and then one day a photo of my boat and my truck appeared in an ad for a company in Florida. Not such a big deal except it made me wonder what other photos of mine were floating around out there. I deleted my account and that was the end of that.

I can't post photos here so I don't. No biggy...but it would be nice.

What say you SASS?

Seems like our annual fees should take care of that, but what do I know.

Photobucket has become unusable of late. I could never get dropbox to work in tandem with the SASS Wire.

Imgur works pretty well. There may be other sites as well,

I used to be able to post photos using Photobucket on the wire but not any more. I've even loaded a new PB app and it didn't help. Being able to load directly without a PB or other sharing service would be nice.

Seems like our annual fees should take care of that, but what do I know.

Photobucket has become unusable of late. I could never get dropbox to work in tandem with the SASS Wire.

Imgur works pretty well. There may be other sites as well,

I used imgur once and got some really weird posts from some non SASS folks and got rid of the App.

+1

I had a Photobucket account and then one day a photo of my boat and my truck appeared in an ad for a company in Florida. Not such a big deal except it made me wonder what other photos of mine were floating around out there. I deleted my account and that was the end of that.

I can't post photos here so I don't. No biggy...but it would be nice.

Pat--- You'll notice when you go to a Pards pic of gun etc. many times if you continue to click on the arrow for the next picture, it scrolls thru every one he/she has in photo bucket. Some have been interesting to say the least ;)

• Like 1

Plainly said, y'all just don't have yer 'puters set up correctly. I, myself, don't know how to do this... my son does it all for me. But, PhotoBucket seems to work, only one thingie pops up occasionally to ask it I need to order prints (their internal ad), I can't seem to avoid, and I have to turn off something called "Ghostery" when I go to Hodgdon's reloading data site so I can two-way communicate with their site.

Pics are fine, and EASY! New Lyman Tang on my (new-to-me) Centennial '66 mdl 94.

DSCN0888.jpg

Nice bore:

Snapshot000005.jpg

Pat--- You'll notice when you go to a Pards pic of gun etc. many times if you continue to click on the arrow for the next picture, it scrolls thru every one he/she has in photo bucket. Some have been interesting to say the least ;)

If you use the "Direct" link instead of the others, that doesn't happen. You just get to open that picture.

Just one more reason for me not to use it. Thanks Eyesa.

• Like 1

I first post a photo on Facebook, then here. Easy peasy.

• Right click on the FB photo.
  • From the pop-up menu, select Properties.
  • Copy the address.
  • In the text box here, click the square Image Properties icon.
  • Paste the address there.

I do not know why we cannot post directly from our PCs. That question has been asked many times.

I sent Misty a email. asking why. Looking forward to her reply.

• Copy the address.
I do not know why we cannot post directly from our PCs. That question has been asked many times.

Wow, what's easy for one is not necessarily easy for another. It needs to be one or two steps or we will all get distracted. Kind of like loading ammo, we know all the steps. I have to go there's a squirrel outside and I just noticed a penny on the sidewalk.

When and if you can get Photo buket to work .

Good luck .

• Copy the address.

Not all FaceBook photos are equal, some can be shared and some cannot. I think part of it is who owns it. And I have seen it where folks with a FaceBook account can see the pics and those that don't can't.

The reason we can't upload directly is that the site administrator and/or developer has not set it up and/or enabled it.

• Copy the address.

I don't do Facebook either...and soon Grog and me make fire.... :D

The odd thing to me is that we can upload our avitar picture directly from our PC. but not our regular posting pix. A photo site is wonderful I guess, but you have to leave the picture there indefinitely for it to continue on the post---so I've been told. Seems like a big pain to post it to the web just to get on another web site.

Hoss--Let us know how you make out with Misty. I asked James to fix the issue when he updated the server, but I guess he didn't or wasn't allowed.

Misty Moonshine emailed me back, will look into it. She too does not know why we cant post direct, has heard different reasons. she is going to get back to us, but will probably be after the first of the year.

Misty Moonshine emailed me back, will look into it. She too does not know why we cant post direct, has heard different reasons. she is going to get back to us, but will probably be after the first of the year.

Good work Hoss and Thanks to Misty as well.

Thank you all for the responses. It does seem to be more difficult than it should be. I am looking to find out what Misty has to say. I believe, we all have pictures to post. BTW, my picture is of an Iver Johnson pocket pistol, I had cut down to a 2 inch barrel, snubbie. I think you would like it. Montana Greg

Fantastic. Thank you Hoss...and Thank you too, Misty.

If anybody has actual knowledge on how this could be made to happen, maybe let Misty know. I for one do not have enough computer skills to suggest a fix.

If anybody has actual knowledge on how this could be made to happen, maybe let Misty know. I for one do not have enough computer skills to suggest a fix.

The developer that worked on the recent issues should know how to do it; I think his name was James. I run one now and have been administrator over several forums and

tweaked code for several different kinds of forum software. Most of the time it is a matter of turning it on and letting the code know where to upload the

images/attachments in tandem with granting permissions to the users. I know it's possible with the IP Board software we run here because I am a member of another

forum that uses the exact same software; they allow you to attach up to 10 items(.jpg, .png, .pdf, etc...) to a post and insert them into the post.

Edited by Tyrel Cody

• Copy the address.

I used to be able to do that with photos I have on Google. Now the SASS wire says, "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

• 3 weeks later...

I don't do Facebook either...and soon Grog and me make fire.... :D

me come set by your fire?

"What say I," you ask?

I sez, it sounds like a false flag survey designed to study the feasibility and acceptability of implementing a SASS photo hosting service, with the membership paying more than the cost of the service via another increase in annual dues. But then, I question just about everything.

:-)

;-)

I've been a member of another forum for many years that maintains its own photo library. The forum won't alow pictures from an outside photo service. The reason the forum owner went to this trouble is because photo sharing sevices and accounts come and go. You pull up a post and the pictures are no longer there.

The associated overhead is storage space as pictures take up a lot of memory. Then there is the maintenance of the software. Then the administration overhead - some people thought they could use it like any other photo sharing service and dump all manner of photos not linked to their posts.

The gain is that you can read a topic started 14 years ago and the pictures are still there. You can also search the photo library to find pictures of interest. Say search for "SAA" and all the pictures of SAA in their file name or description will display. Pick a picture and it will give you links to posts made using that picture.

I don't and won't do Facebook.

I won't do Facebook either!! Schoolmarm does, but I haven't even looked at her stuff!! Two other forums that I'm on will allow direct from your computer photo downloads that are simple and secure.

Wish we could do that here!!!