SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun bandoliers?

Shooting Bull

I really like Doc Noper's

Doc makes a very nice one. I switched to his a couple of years ago and am very happy with it. Been using a bandoleer since i started in 2001, his is the best yet.

CR

Knights/Tombstone leather makes the Tupelo bando. I took mine in to my local leather guy, Double Diamond and had him replace the shotgun loops with heavy duty elastic and I really like it.

I use the Tombstone leather 'Tupelo Bandoleer & would never go back to a belt.

Interested if someone may have a picture of Doc Nopers ?

Yeah Bob, probably not. But Shooting Bull has been known to take a dive or two at Winter Range.

He's called Stumbling Bull in some places I'm told.

I use the Tombstone leather 'Tupelo Bandoleer & would never go back to a belt.

Interested if someone may have a picture of Doc Nopers ?

I had him do 6 12ga loops at the top, then 4 44-40 bullet loops, then 8 12ga loops at the bottom, and finally 8 12ga loops on the back.

8U0R86p.jpgAzCtPSG.jpg

W2I3mYQ.jpgRAPQfFE.jpg

ffxc83A.jpgKswHIzN.jpg

I had him do 6 12ga loops at the top, then 4 44-40 bullet loops, then 8 12ga loops at the bottom, and finally 8 12ga loops on the back.8U0R86p.jpgAzCtPSG.jpgW2I3mYQ.jpgRAPQfFE.jpgffxc83A.jpgKswHIzN.jpg

Looks about like my Tupelo Bando now with the elastic on it. SG shells just tip out, no pulling required.

I had him do 6 12ga loops at the top, then 4 44-40 bullet loops, then 8 12ga loops at the bottom, and finally 8 12ga loops on the back.

8U0R86p.jpgAzCtPSG.jpg

W2I3mYQ.jpgRAPQfFE.jpg

ffxc83A.jpgKswHIzN.jpg

Thanks Tyrel..looks cool & yep 'Yul the elastic would be good also.

I bought a Tupelo Flash bandolier when I started Wild Bunch. It held my 12ga and 45acp ammo. It helped me mentally preparing for that type of competition. Plus, it would hold 45LC ammo if I so decided for cowboy.

Do they ever get in the way when you shoulder your rifle or shotgun?

It has never hindered me shouldering my rifle or SG.

It has never hindered me shouldering my rifle or SG.

No problems here also..once used to the Bandoleer you don't really notice them & you can have it off between stages.

Had my first hiccup last week when the leather lace at the top of the shoulder where the Bandoleer is joined snapped..because of sweat etc..lasted 3 years so will replace with something more durable.

Do they ever get in the way when you shoulder your rifle or shotgun?

It can get tricky when shooting those odd stages that require both movement and a lot of shotgun targets. Both the movement and the weight loss as you shoot shells can have it slipping. It's pretty rare though.

No, but I had to shorten mine a tad because of my left holster; slowed me a tad when reholstering my left side revolver.

That gave me issues at first until I figured out where best to place the bottom concho

No problems here also..once used to the Bandoleer you don't really notice them & you can have it off between stages.

Had my first hiccup last week when the leather lace at the top of the shoulder where the Bandoleer is joined snapped..because of sweat etc..lasted 3 years so will replace with something more durable.

I had the strings come untied once and the darn thing slid off during a stage, but hasn't happened since. What are you planning to replace the strings with?

It can get tricky when shooting those odd stages that require both movement and a lot of shotgun targets. Both the movement and the weight loss as you shoot shells can have it slipping. It's pretty rare though.

That gave me issues at first until I figured out where best to place the bottom concho

I had the strings come untied once and the darn thing slid off during a stage, but hasn't happened since. What are you planning to replace the strings with?

Howdy Redwood...Used a piece of thin nylon [ yellow ] rope, can tie or burn the ends. Lasts forever.

I used one for years in 16 ga. Till this past Feb. When I found a belt for 16 ga. at WR at a good price ...

Still have the Bando, a may use it as the Fancy strikes me ...

Jabez Cowboy