SASS Wire Forum

Bruce Derns question

Bugler

She was, ahem, Mammiorable.

Lauren+Holly+Down+Periscope+boobs+cleava

That otta raise the old periscope.

Not a movie , but Bruce Dern was one of the good guys in Stoney Burke , a TV show from the early 60s. Was one of Jack Lord's sidekicks. I liked his role in the movie Posse , with Kirk Douglas.

Not a good guy , but interesting character.

Haven't seen The Shootist in decades, and not familiar with El Dorado........

Darn near choked on my drink when I read that!

What? That's almost unAmerican. Go get and watch it.

Are you still sitting there? Go get it NOW!!!

He means it!!!

Have you seen Rio Bravo with Dean Martin and Rick Nelson? El Dorado was pretty much the same movie story with a different cast. Had Robert Mitchum in it.

Rio Lobo is just a little divergent from those two. Mitchum's son and Jack Elam are two of the supporting cast.

I have most of the Duke's westerns. Just a few of the real early ones I didn't care for. Bruce Dern made quite a few movies, but never got the recognition he should have gotten. He sure played a rat in his earlier ones. Seems he was type cast to be a bad guy.

How 'bout the bartender in The Shootist?

Or the cute girl in El Dorado?

As near as I can find, Bruce Dern wasn't in "The Shootist." He isn't listed in the cast on the Internet Movie Database here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075213/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

The white-haired bartender was played by Ralph Volkie

Murray the bartender was played by Charles G. Martin -- he may be the one you're thinking of as he bore a slight resemblence to Dern.

Have you seen Rio Bravo with Dean Martin and Rick Nelson? El Dorado was pretty much the same movie story with a different cast. Had Robert Mitchum in it.

Pretty much? If it wasn't for Caan and his "El Dorado" poem, you couldn't tell which movie you were watching.

As near as I can find, Bruce Dern wasn't in "The Shootist." He isn't listed in the cast on the Internet Movie Database here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075213/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

The white-haired bartender was played by Ralph Volkie

Murray the bartender was played by Charles G. Martin -- he may be the one you're thinking of as he bore a slight resemblence to Dern.

I think Forty Rod was talking about Wayne getting shot in the back and not Bruce Dern.

I think Wayne got shot in the back in "Sands of Iwo Jima"

.......................Or the cute girl in El Dorado?

Michelle Carey :wub: :wub: :wub:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0137004/

Edited by Red Hooker

Silent Running, Huey, Duey and Luey's headlight was a Lucas fog light, I had the same light mounted under the headlight on my 1971 Norton 750 Commando.

Silent Running, Huey, Duey and Luey's headlight was a Lucas fog light, I had the same light mounted under the headlight on my 1971 Norton 750 Commando.

Ahhhh - Lucas, the Prince of Darkness ..... :o:D :D :D

Silent Running, Huey, Duey and Luey's headlights were LUCAS fog lights, I had the same light mounted under the headlight on my 1971 Norton Commando.

What? That's almost unAmerican. Go get and watch it.

Are you still sitting there? Go get it NOW!!!

Hey Robert Mitchum is in El Dorado!!!!

You shoulda told me Forty Rod!

1440734911321818_animate.gif

Edited by Cemetery

I think Forty Rod was talking about Wayne getting shot in the back and not Bruce Dern.

I think Wayne got shot in the back in "Sands of Iwo Jima"

I thought he was saying that Dern played the bartender in the Shootist (there are two, one shoots Wayne in the back). Maybe I misunderstood. If so, my apologies.

I saw him "Madison", with James Cezieval(sp?) about Iowa river racing and he was an old mechanic in it, he played a good guy, good movie too for those of you in the MIdwest and remember the competitions.