SASS Wire Forum

Interesting stats on the Cowboy Memorial Page

Looking through the Cowboy Memorial Pages, I noticed that a lot of these pards were born not only before me but, well before me. So, being retired, a little bored and a -32 windchill outside, i decided to do some ciphering.

There were 172 entries that gave both a birth date and a death date. I'm 74 and out of the 172, 159 were younger than me. I then began to wonder what the average age of the 172 pards were so, I subtracted the birth year from the death year and the average age of the 172 came out to 63 years of age +/- 1 year depending on the birth and death month of each person in a given year.

Certainly not scientific but, it indicates that the majority passed on well before their life expectancy age. which I believe is somewhere in the mid to high 70's.

Interesting

May they all rest in peace.

Thanks.

You are a stronger man that I to do that research.

An interesting Q would be how long they were SASS shooters and if they cast their own projectiles?

It is no surprise that safety precautions were a little light on in the past.

I spoke to a guy who did fish mountings and he told me he was debating between plaster casts and embalming until he started talking to the old timers in the trade.

He found out there were no old embalmers, he does casts only.

Not sure how to put this. The Cowboy Memorial page is a very personal and emotional thing for me. It represents souls who touched many of us over the years in ways that we can remember with smiles and tears.

The page is a tribute to their spirit and their heart.

I would prefer not to engage in a discussion of cold statistics regarding cause age, of death, etc.

It's just a little to close to my heart. Sorry.

I'm with you, UB!! Some friends I'll never get a chance to meet in this lifetime are on that list.

No problem Bob

Take care

Not sure how to put this. The Cowboy Memorial page is a very personal and emotional thing for me. It represents souls who touched many of us over the years in ways that we can remember with smiles and tears.
The page is a tribute to their spirit and their heart.
I would prefer not to engage in a discussion of cold statistics regarding cause age, of death, etc.
It's just a little to close to my heart. Sorry.

Sorry Bob, Didn't mean to disturd.

Since questioning statistical data was part of my training many years ago, I will suggest that al lot of the folks older than the average age cited might just never have gotten online and since their friends were of a like mind never gotten to be listed.

also they might have gotten away from the sport more than a few years before passing and thus were not listed.

Just thinking of reasons why we might have a younger than expected average age.