SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Action Shooting in Russia

I saw a few more of these stages. Lots of "stuff" being done on the clock, runnin' and gunnin'... using what guns they have available. Not SASS rules but they sure are having a lot of fun! Reminds me of what I've read and heard about the very early days of CAS.

Edited by McCandless

Did you notice that the shooter in the first video, moved with a cocked revolver in hand- :o

Then in the second video the T/O goes down-range while the shooter has what maybe a 'uncleared' gun in his hands. SCARY :o

OLG

Second video" "Here, hold this for me!" :)

The bolt action shotgun was different as well :)

Thanks for sharing the vids

Edited by Eyesa Horg

Thanks for sharing, Mike. Very interesting. Maybe not exactly what we do here--but we need to look for things we have a common--starting with the love of shooting.

Looks like they're having a grand time.

That has to be one tough place to try & get a new shooting sport going.

The smiles translate well.

In the second stage, that bolt action shotgun looks mighty short & has a mannlicher style handle for speed, pretty cool for a bolt action,

That was great. I'm surprised they can do any kind of recreational shooting. Hats off to the effort it must have taken to put on such a match in a difficult political environment.

Looks like they're having a grand time.

That has to be one tough place to try & get a new shooting sport going.

The smiles translate well.

In the second stage, that bolt action shotgun looks mighty short & has a mannlicher style handle for speed, pretty cool for a bolt action,

And with real Holy BP... Coughing would tend to indicate they meet the smoke standard!

A small peace of Freedom behind the Red Curtain !

I subscribe to the Stampi YouTube channel that puts up cowboy action shooting videos of matches shot in Lithuania. In many of the videos they are using cap guns and cardboard targets. Goes to show how much influence the western movies and tv shows have had.

Now, each and every one of us should reflect on this and thank our lucky stars that we have the freedoms that we do.

Pat (what knows that this goes without sayin' but sayin' it anyway) Riot :FlagAm:

Did you notice that the shooter in the first video, moved with a cocked revolver in hand- :o

Then in the second video the T/O goes down-range while the shooter has what maybe a 'uncleared' gun in his hands. SCARY :o

OLG

Yes, first thing I noticed!!! MATCH DQ!!!! :o

OLG

I've spent some time in the former Soviet Union. The gun handling you noticed is consistent with a much looser approach to safety and security there than we have in the western world. Traffic safety, electrical safety, tripping hazard elimination, sanitation and security lighting are all poorer in the former Soviet Union.