SASS Wire Forum

Just Wondering How Tyrone Is Getting Along Today......

Cat Brules

May 20, 2011

AUGUSTA, GA - Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Ga. told police he observed a customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveilance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidealk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys for Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpt. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpt. Duggan was taken for treatment.

"The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw ..... injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off the curb after stabbing the Marine," according to a police report.

Bad hand - and all - the reporting of this tale is an annual Christmastime event. ;)

Enjoy it for the story... ^_^

Hmmm. The story seems ok to me, as it appears on a site I think is legitmate.

I found it here:

http://thepolicenews.net/default.aspx?newsletterid=27363&act=Newsletter.aspx

As I review other sites I find the story is true. Apparently though, he didn't fall off the curb. And if it the cia sez it ain't true, it oughtta be!

:-) :-)

After doing a little checking, the suspect in the original story, Tracey Attaway is serving a 25 year sentence at the Dooley State Prison in Georgia for stabbing the Marine. He is due to get out by Christmas in 2035.

After doing a little checking, the suspect in the original story, Tracey Attaway is serving a 25 year sentence at the Dooley State Prison in Georgia for stabbing the Marine. He is due to get out by Christmas in 2035.

Save the date!!! We could probably get a few Marines to wait outside the gate and throw him a coming out party!!

:-)

Cat - Toys for Tots is a Christmas thing. Why would they be having it in May?

That should be the first clue that the chainmail is bogus.

I think the story is true, minus the last paragraph/section wherein the perp "falls off the curb."

The article I posted is dated May 20, 2011.

When the event actually occurred is unimportant now. I posted this as a humorous diversion. Apparently this guy is a thief and went from the frying pan into the fire, when he stabbed the Marine in a failed effort to get away after being caught shoplifting. Maybe I should get that fact checking software, but if it comes to all that, I'm gonna lose interest rapidly.