SASS Wire Forum

My struggle with addiction.....

Dirty Dan Dawkins

You know, I have done pretty good. Been clean. Playing it straight. Then SOMEONE comes over with a bag of goodies, knowing my weakness. Hey, I have lost about 15 lbs since last year (not that I was big anyway. Been feeling good physically, emotionally, spiritually. Been really good and positive about life as of late. And well, here I am again, back on the wagon ( or is it off, I forget).

My blankety father in law :angry: .......

To help me cope with this, I need some support. Maybe we could have a lil circle of healing and recovery. The first step is admitting you have a problem. I am willing to share my problem, maybe you could share yours?

Let me go first.

I'm Daniel and I'm a chocoholic Pleased to meet you. How 'bout a hug?

Those damned Hershey silver bells he brought over.......Too damn small to satisfy. The last only leaves you craving for another, and another.......I've nearly eaten a nearly a pound of them in a day? I'm ready to puke, but can't stop! And I am full of anxiety now that the bowl is nearly empty. What am I to do? :o

Who's next?

I'm Calico, and I am also a chocaholic....that hugs sounds nice.....this is a very difficult time of year, I'm about to stop talking to my co-workers....and it was a huge struggle to skip the baking aisle at the grocery store this morning...I swear the ingredients for my wonderful fudge were calling my name.... :unsure:

I'm Buck, and I'm also a chocoholic. Every year from halloween through New Years is really a tough time for me, Twix, Milkyway darks, KitKats, they all just exhibit a siren call that I can't resist. Then you throw all those wonderful deserts in, it's a super big problem :(:blink::wacko::blush:

I am Badger and I just got all kinds of hankerings for all kind of things. So, I just go with the flow and let

the chips fall where they may, mostly on my lap. Lemme see, chips with dip, fried thangs, sweet thangs, like

apple or cherry pie, or Pecan pie, or .. well you get the idea. Chocolate is not real high on my list, but I do like

a Snickers once in a while and then there is pineapple upside down cake, fruit cake, heck I even like PBJ sammishes.

So perhaps you can see why I just don't fight it anymore.

What? No gunaholics here? I ain't not believing THAT fer a second.

And now they are making the giant hersey kisses with a full hazelnut in them. I haven't had them yet. I've lost 43 lbs this year and I sure don't want to gain it back in December.

Kaya made some double chocolate brownie muffins with a Reece's and fudge melted on top last night. They go good with egg nog. I really should get some fiber in my diet.....

Kaya made some double chocolate brownie muffins with a Reece's and fudge melted on top last night. They go good with egg nog. I really should get some fiber in my diet.....

Oh what a house of horrors this has become.... :wacko:

Howdy my name is Yul Lose and I'm a toolaholic. I can't stop buying tools. I have tools that have never been used, I have over 300 router bits and lots of them are still in new packaging. I have nearly every dovetail jig ever produced but I use only one for my gun carts the others have about an inch of dust on them. I've used them but the one that use 99% of the time is so easy to set up I CANNOT not use it. I use one Lie Nielsen block plane but have eight others that I've never used. I cannot pass up pretty lumber and I've got racks full of it. My wife asked what she was supposed to do with it when I'm no longer around and I told her to have a big bonfire. There is an enabler at the lumber store that I frequent that everytime I come in he says " hey come here I've been hiding something for you" and I go home with more lumber to add to my stash. I go to a 12 step meeting once a month for woodworkers and all we do is talk about new wood we want, new neat tools that we can't do without and so on, it's not helping. What's a guy to do?

When you live in a WidderWonderLand, the gremlins are:

Pecan Pie and Guns.

I've already indulged in Pecan Pie, with more planned during the next couple weeks.

Plus, I've ordered me a new Browning Buckmark 'Field Target'. Its the 5.5" round BULL barrel model with real wood grips. I already have the 4" model 'Carbon Fiber' that is outstanding.

I also have a constant craving for Chili & Tamale..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

..........Widder

I don't feel alone now. My problem is baking for other people. Now this may not sound like a problem but remember, the cook is OBLIGATED to proof test the goods - like that rum cake last week, the cinnamon brandy glazed sticky buns yesterday and the rocky road sheet cake currently in the oven. Plus! that pair of tuned 38-40 shooters I have been drooling over is still on the wish list.

Oh darn! Have to test that frosting for the choc cake....

Howdy my name is Yul Lose and I'm a toolaholic. I can't stop buying tools. I have tools that have never been used, I have over 300 router bits and lots of them are still in new packaging. I have nearly every dovetail jig ever produced but I use only one for my gun carts the others have about an inch of dust on them. I've used them but the one that use 99% of the time is so easy to set up I CANNOT not use it. I use one Lie Nielsen block plane but have eight others that I've never used. I cannot pass up pretty lumber and I've got racks full of it. My wife asked what she was supposed to do with it when I'm no longer around and I told her to have a big bonfire. There is an enabler at the lumber store that I frequent that everytime I come in he says " hey come here I've been hiding something for you" and I go home with more lumber to add to my stash. I go to a 12 step meeting once a month for woodworkers and all we do is talk about new wood we want, new neat tools that we can't do without and so on, it's not helping. What's a guy to do?

I can't dance on the same woodworker floor with Yul but am a budding woodturner/hobbiest with an appreciation for old hand tools and magical sources of new wood. Add guns, pocketknives, watches, marbles, old fishing lures, coins, western history books, indian artifacts, and nature in general then you have the consummate "I gotta have it" syndrome.

What? No gunaholics here? I ain't not believing THAT fer a second.

I have all the guns a body would ever need. I don't need another gun.

Bought four since July and have a few more on my current list.

I can stop any time I want to.

DON'T WANT TO!!!

I feel companionship here. Fishing gear. I have so many rods and reels that I could start a warehouse outlet.

I still look for more though I doubt that I really need them. Fly tying material. Got boxes of the stuff. Hardly ever get

the vise out anymore because I have to look through all the stuff to find what I want to tie with. AND I WANT A NEW

NORVISE FOR CHRISTMAS. :D

(I have been a good boy, Santa, really, I have!) :lol:

Like Too Tall Bob, I live to cook for others. I have every household gadget one can imagine, including a chocolate temperer. I've run out of stuff to buy designed for the home, so I'm branching out into commercial equipment. I had to have 208 3 phase installed to run the batch ice cream freezer and the Belshaw donut robot (makes 37 dozen donuts per hour. And people wonder why my alias is Judge Bagdonuts?). When I remodeled my house, I put a 12x15 foot walk-in closet in for the gadgets. No food is actually stored there, just all my "toys". Now that it's nearly Christmas, I'm ramping up to bring "dishes" to parties to which I've been invited. I'm getting bigger every day because I need to sample, to make sure everything is up to my personal standard before giving it to anyone.

Hi. My name is Tom Bullweed and I am a gunaholic. I had shed about 30 pounds of guns year but have backslid a number of times and picked up about what I shed.

That is the definition of... "The Gun Saturation Point".

As far as chocolate... I never developed a taste for sweet stuff... so I wouldn't know. But I like popcorn... and used to eat canned peaches with some Evan Williams poured into it.

ts