SASS Wire Forum

JEDI GF of the YEAR 2016

Widder, SASS #59054

The JEDI Councils pick for JEDI GF of the Year 2016 is:

DEADHEAD.

You won't believe this resume, which extends way beyond SASS and CAS.

Joined SASS in 2000.

Started FCGF in 2006.

SASS REGULATOR in 2011.

He created the JEDI GF website around 2012 or 2013. And continues to keep it updated and maintained.

OTHER INFO:

He's been a world-class rifle shooter back in 1966-96 in 10M air rifle, 50M smallbore Free Rifle Prone, 50M small bore Free Rifle 3-position, 300M Free Rifle and 300M Standard Rifle representing the USA on the US Shooting Team winning 19 medals in World Championships, Pan American Games, etc...

He also shot Service Rifle and helped win the National Trophy 3 times.

He was a 4-time All American at Tennessee Tech and then was the East Tennessee State University Rifle Coach for 6 years, AND...Chairman of the NCAA Rifle Committee.

He worked for the US Shooting Team at the NRA in Washington, DC. and later in Colorado Springs, CO at the US Olympic Training Center. And for a short time, he was on the US Olympic Committee board.

He went full time Cowboy Shooting in 2000 up in New Hampshire shooting Duelist.

In 2006, he switched to FCGF.

He has won numerous FCGF category competition at the New Hampshire State and Regionals in the Northeast.

DeadHead has won belt buckles as a SrGF at Winter Range in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

DeadHead has created and run websites for:

White Mountain Regulators

Harvard Ghost Riders

Pemi Valley Peacemakers

Verdant Mountain Vigilantes

Circle K Regulators

Northeast Western Shooters

Connecticut Valley Bushwackers

Ledyard Sidewinders

Danvers Desperados

AND..... a couple others.

One of his most valuable websites is www.northeastcas.com.

He created this to help shooters in the New England find out which clubs have CAS activities and also compile all the club shoots into a consolidated list of CAS shoots to show WHAT, WHEN and WHERE is going on at any given weekend (www.northeastcas.com/CASdates.htm.

He runs and enters scores for the SASS New Hampshire State and SASS Northeast Regional.

He has run the 200 & 300 yard Single Shot Long Range Shoots October to March since 2004.

And he is the SASS Club contact for the White Mountain Regulators of New Hampshire.

WHEW..... I hope I've covered most everything.

These type activities surely raise the bar for the Yearly JEDI GF recognition.

Thanks DEADHEAD, for all you do. AND.........

On behalf of the JEDI Council.... Jed I Knight, Possum Skinner, Widder, Badlands Bud (whom I have been unable to reach),

CONGRATULATIONS!

..........Widder

Edited by Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054

Looks like a very good pick.Congratulations DEADHEAD.

A hats off SALUTE to a fine Cowboy!!

WELL DESERVED!!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393

Congrats DeadHead.....it is an honor to have you in our organization. Keep up the good work.

KK

I wish all you JEDIs would give DEADHEAD some more work and send him your pictures so I would know what you look like if I meet you.Sorry Deadhead

Thank you to everyone!

I am both proud and a little embarrased by the honor as I am not the fastest gunfighter around. I'm just glad to be able to contribute to this great sport.

I take my hat off to you Dead Head .

CONGRATULATIONS !

Congratulations . It appears to me that it will be hard to get a 2017 pard with a resume even close to yours.

By the way, many decades ago, I competed in pistol at Dartmouth. Is there a CAS range anywhere near Hanover?

Congratulations . It appears to me that it will be hard to get a 2017 pard with a resume even close to yours.

By the way, many decades ago, I competed in pistol at Dartmouth. Is there a CAS range anywhere near Hanover?

Mud Marine: there was atleast one other nominee being considered with some mighty good credentials, which will be in the running for 2017.

SASS is blessed with some Pards with various experiences and accomplishments. Likewise, the JEDI GF ranks also have some very impressive members.

Merry Christmas.

..........Widder

That kind of depends on your definition of 'near'.

The Verdant Mountain Vigilantes shoot in Saint Johnsbury, VT (also SASS Vermont State Championships); the Pemi Valley Peacemakers shoot in Holderness, NH (also SASS NH State Championships); the Circle K Regulators shoot in Ballston Spa, NY (also the SASS NY State Championships); the White Mountain Regulators shoot in Candia, NH; and the SASS Northeast Regional is in Pelham, NH.

Congrats Dead Head!! That's awesome!! Hopefully we get to meet down the trail sometime!!

What a huge honor to go along with that Resume!

Congratulations Dead Head, Well deserved.

Congrats DH!!