SASS Wire Forum

Wanted 3F and 2F powder

Thunder Creek Kid

Buffalo Arms

Powder Inc usually has good prices.....I've been buying KIK there lately. Most the major suppliers have free shipping and hazmat for 25-50lbs. John Boy listed a fireworks place that had BP for a good price, maybe he'll chime in here. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

BTW, if you buy the 5Fa in bulk, it is the same granule size as 3Fg, but it's only $325 for a 25lbs sack. The only difference between them is that Fg (a.k.a. "sporting grade") powder is coated with graphite to make it less hygroscopic while Fa (a.k.a. "fireworks" or "blasting") powder is 100% pure black powder (potassium nitrate, sulfur and charcoal) with no additives and it doesn't get any more period correct than that. I've been using it for years and love saving money. :)

I get mine from Crater Fireworks, Blasting, and Black Powder.

http://www.addictedtoblackpowder.com/

They are 45 minutes away from me, so I have no knowledge of shipping.

They are good people to deal with and have donated many pounds of powder to our St. Judes Shoot.

Chancy

I have had good dealings with Maine Powder House.

Be aware that the prices listed in Powerinc. include shipping and hazmat. I've dealt with them for years.

When I was shooting that dirty filthy PITA powder, I always got it from powderinc.com, great guy! Prices are as good as anybody else.