SASS Wire Forum

Go Army! Beat Navy!

I second that motion.

I wasn't in the military but my dad, 3 uncles and 4 cousins were all in the Army. I have one cousin that was in the Navy, a lifer, but no one talks to him!!! :P:P

GO ARMY

Good start for Army

Getting a little tired of Lundquist talking about poor Navy playing so many games in a row and getting beat up.

Some have asked about the Army uniforms. The commentstors didn't explain it well. They are an homage the the 82nd Airborne in WWII. Their helmets have the various regimental and batallion markings that were worn during D day and the various regimental crests are on the front of the jerseys.

The flag on the sleeve is the type worn on the jump uniforms. The field is to the left. On todays uniforms it's reversed with the field to the right.

21 - 17 They did it!!!

ARMY!!!

Hoo aa,

Some have asked about the Army uniforms. The commentstors didn't explain it well. They are an homage the the 82nd Airborne in WWII. Their helmets have the various regimental and batallion markings that were worn during D day and the various regimental crests are on the front of the jerseys.

The flag on the sleeve is the type worn on the jump uniforms. The field is to the left. On todays uniforms it's reversed with the field to the right.

That is, the Flag's own right. Heraldically, to dexter.

On today's uniform, for flags worn on the right shoulder the field is to the right so that the flag is seen to be advancing, not retreating.

That is, to sinister. I know it's been more than a few decades since the change, but I still don't care for it.

OH! The Invocation and Anthem:

OOOPS! That 1st Youtube was last years.

Here is this years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kjw9DaOL4

Edited by Subdeacon Joe

That is, to sinister. I know it's been more than a few decades since the change, but I still don't care for it.

Regardless, it technically comports with the US Flag Code so I'm okay with it.

OH! The Invocation and Anthem:

I was seriously distracted at the 1:45 mark. :wub:

Being I was Army Guard for 3+ years: Go Army- you did! Being I was Air Force for 22+ years: AF beat both Navy and Army this year! We win the comanders Trophy! Cheers, Hoss C.

Great game, great score.

LOL, bet nobody there was considering taking a knee at the Anthem.

I really enjoyed the singing today.

Edited by Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172