SASS Wire Forum

Surely there are some RV folks here.

Dorado

Yeah, I stole Alpo's title and twisted it some. Muah ha ha ha ha!

So yeah, I need some suggestions from y'all. My father just bought one of those slide-in cab over campers to go in the back of his truck. I've helped him as I could getting the mounting brackets installed and even installed some air bag suspension supports on the truck. I'd like to get him something pertaining to the camper for Christmas and I'm looking for ideas. So far I've gotten him one of those folding step stools to make it easier to get in and out of. I'd like to find something else to give him as well. Problem is, I have little to no experience with RVs so I don't know what would be good or bad for that. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're bucks up, an awning is one of the best additions.

For low buck items, a set of big spot mirrors is great gift or an inexpensive backup monitor.

Take him to an RV store and just spend some time browsing with him.

That's my plan hopefully this weekend. We'll be passing near a Camping World so I'll see if I can talk him into browsing around. I was hoping that I could surprise him with something extremely useful and unexpected.

Royalties, bub. PM me for the mailing address.

:P

Oh, dang...Would you look at that. The titles are different after all. Well, I guess you done missed out on the royalties. Sorry~

IF it is one of them that expand , lots of sealer

AIN'T never seen one that did not leak , some like a sive

No expansions is just slides into the bed of the truck. From what I understand the previous owner kept it inside a storage building. No leaks, no fading, and no fowling. I will check it for leaks before the next rain though.

If you're bucks up, an awning is one of the best additions.

For low buck items, a set of big spot mirrors is great gift or an inexpensive backup monitor.

I'll let him get the awning. He's picky and petty. If I were to pay for it and then it tear, he'd blame me for it.

Already got a great set of mirrors for it, but I'll look into a backup monitor. I think that'd be a great idea for him. Especially if I can get one that'd help him line up on his boat trailer.

Yeah I'm looking for a good generator. It has a place for a built in but it doesn't have one. Dang things are expensive. So both of us are looking for a built in propane generator. I'm also going to look into solar panels to put on the roof of it.

Forget LPG gennys-

Look HARD at Honda portable gennys.

If he has A/C you want 4K watts of power max.

Solor panels are VERY nice to have. I have 3 large ones on my Lance Camper.

OLG

Edited by The Original Lumpy Gritz

Forget LPG gennys-

Look HARD at Honda portable gennys.

If he has A/C you want 4K watts of power max.

Solor panels are VERY nice to have. I have 3 large ones on my Lance Camper.

OLG

Thanks for the tip. The camper does have A/C, a nice refrigerator and a couple of nice other features. I went and picked it up today. It has a large compartment where the previous owner kept a portable genny. He also had it set up with solar. He took the panel off and put it on his other camper. I'm seriously thinking of putting a new solar panel on. I'd much rather use that than a generator with the exception of running the A/C just before bedtime in the summer.

I bought as big an inverter and battery as I could afford. That takes care of the microwave coffee maker and

running the frig some. That saves running the generator for little chores and is quiet. Folding chairs and outdoor

living items. A pretty good size rug of some kind to put outside the door keep the interior floor clean.

Edited by Rolling Stone

Thanks for the tip. The camper does have A/C, a nice refrigerator and a couple of nice other features. I went and picked it up today. It has a large compartment where the previous owner kept a portable genny. He also had it set up with solar. He took the panel off and put it on his other camper. I'm seriously thinking of putting a new solar panel on. I'd much rather use that than a generator with the exception of running the A/C just before bedtime in the summer.

The refer should run on LPG.

You want the solar to keep the battery charged. You need at least 1K watts.

Use the genny to run A/C, microwave, toaster etc.

This is what I use.

http://www.electricgeneratordepot.com/honda-eu2000i-eu2000ic-companion-parrallel-combo-kit

I also run solar panels.

OLG

Edited by The Original Lumpy Gritz