SASS Wire Forum

UNOFFICIAL, Official Steampunk Cowboy / Cowgirl Guidelines

You forget B Western can be shot gunfighter, duelist, or two handed.......and they all compete against each other.

No, just don't believe a) that it is right, and B) I don't care.

Shoot B Western.

• Sad 1

Oh yea, you'll have a great time....only thing is..you might not remember it. Lol.

Onlyst range I've ever been to where there are "wall mounted dispensers."

Kajun

I'm guessing that we're not talking about dispensing of "Hand sanitizer"?

is this what you have in mind:

wild_west_steampunk__lady_jacqueline__by

That's what I have in mind; however, I don't look NEAR that good.

Inaugural Steampunk Shooters at the 2016 Alabama State Match. The FIRST state match to offer Steampunk. The ladies do look nice.

2016-09-04%2014.21.03.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't mind goin back to duelist but gettin one of them corsets on is gonna be tough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Tyrel Cody,

I would check eBay or ETSY.com 

Pin Watches were popular for Nurses who had to check pulses.

A quick search found these.

Naturally, you'd want to "Steampunk" them.

Nurse-Clip-on-Brooch-Pin-Pendant-Quartz-Tunic-Medical-Doctor-Fob-Pocket-Watch

Steampunk Cowboy / Cowgirl is NOT a recognized SASS Category, however, some clubs and at least three state championships in 2017 will recognize it.

At 3 State Championships, Steam Punk to be recognized? :o  SASS has slid off the deep end respective to the original intent of the sport

image.png.140ef3baad340a1f8de8bac0987cb3ad.png

Edited by John Boy

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, LostVaquero said:

If there is enough interest in this why can't Wild Bunch get to 38 cal rifles and 38 super 1911.

You'd have to take that up with the WBAS Rules Committee.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life said:

If you don't agree, start your own unofficial category.

That's all we need is another category....even unofficially.

Start bashing........................

On 8/22/2018 at 3:11 PM, John Boy said:

At 3 State Championships, Steam Punk to be recognized? :o  SASS has slid off the deep end respective to the original intent of the sport

image.png.140ef3baad340a1f8de8bac0987cb3ad.png

While I wasn't around for the origin of SASS, I believe the intent is to play a fantasy game with guns. If you think you are playing anything even remotely resembling a real cowboy from the 1800's then you are either in the wrong game or do not have a realistic understanding of what the old west really was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

That's all we need is another category....even unofficially.

Start bashing........................

No bashing required.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Reminds me of a MEME I saw recently.  It said "Don't want to own a gun?  Don't buy one.  See wasn't that easy?"

I think the same logic applies here my friend.

Or maybe not?

image.png.4de91a84ada270edc6ff410b4b0d946a.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I just believe that we have enough categories, all this does is confuse an already confused situation. What's next...maybe circus clown? We could have different costumes, age based or BP categories. Get my point?

Why is it that some folks always want to assume that the only fun that can be had in this sport is their idea of fun?

If you all are so tired of so many different costume based categories because it means the Sunday awards ceremony takes forever to get through, why don't you all just go home after you're done shooting and have them mail you your trophy?

If we're all not here because we all enjoy the fellowship this sport brings, then why exactly are we here?

If all you want to do is go and shoot the guns like the did in the old west, why are you in SASS and not NWCOWS?  Seems to me they're a better fit for what you are wanting to do.

Why don't we all just say to heck with it and we all shoot in one big old category and go home?  And while we're at it why don't we skip all the inventive stage setups and just shoot 10, 10, 4 from one position at the same targets with same set of standard sweeps every week?  Won't that be fun?

Is this not a sport based on Movies and TV?  And just how realistic to you expect those to be?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I just believe that we have enough categories, all this does is confuse an already confused situation. What's next...maybe circus clown? We could have different costumes, age based or BP categories. Get my point?

No I don't get your point. What I don't understand in all of this "no new categories" screaming crowds is that it usually comes while people are talking about unofficial categories, which is absolutely zero hindrance to everyone else. Often times, the same folks that complain about not wanting new categories would freak out if their preferred choice were eliminated. I can't remember the last time someone like Deuce that wins overall complained about too many categories. 

• Thanks 1

I certainly don't have any problem with the steampunk category.   It's just a costume category.  If it keeps the game fun for them, well, mission accomplished.

I'm thinking that the Gunfighter prohibition is an attempt by Rolan to keep us undesirables out of his category.B)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

:rolleyes: We can ALWAYS just shoot with two guns out when ol' RK ain't around.  :lol: Nobody can stop us from shooting it our way if we want to in his absence or at places where he ain't!! ;) Just like Josey Wales is shot differently in different places and at different times!! B)

58 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I'm thinking that the Gunfighter prohibition is an attempt by Rolan to keep us undesirables out of his category.B)

I agree Bob. He doesn't want to be beat up by us lowly Gunfighters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1