SASS Wire Forum

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send a bunch of that white stuff my way!!! Ain't had a white Christmas in years!!! My grandson has never seen snow at Christmas!! Me 'n' Schoolmarm would really LOVE it!!!

My daughter was with her boyfriend up in Mentor, near Cleveland, for a funeral. Wasn't sure they were going to make it back.

In other news, I might have an inch or two in my driveway to clear. Time to pull out the snow shovel. My snow blower croaked a couple of years back, and I haven't been able to afford a new one.

I'm not sure which I would rather have, lots of snow or this weeklong arctic blast from Canada that's been keeping us in the negatives complete with 10-20 MPH winds for the last week. This is supposed to continue for us until Saturday when we'll finally see temperatures above 0 again. Actual temperatures have been around -2 to -10 with windchills down to -25.

I was fighting electrical gremlins in my pickup before winter hit and did not get them all fixed. I lost tail lights, brake lights, and blinkers/hazards. I've been driving my soft-top Jeep through all of this. I almost think I'd rather have the snow :D

First good snowfall since we bought our farm. Some areas are drifted over 4' high but most is. Around a foot. Sure glad i bought my grandfathers farmall h to push the snow. Now i just need to make it to wisconson to pick it up.

Oh well we still have a snowblower and shovels and our driveway is only about 200 yrds long. Fun day in the snow :)

Calico if i waited till you were done at a store it would be July.

I wouldn't want to deprive you of all this pure white goodness. Oh and just to ease your worries i bought my son some slippers so we can pass the snow dance onto the next generation just in case something happens to me :D

First good snowfall since we bought our farm. Some areas are drifted over 4' high but most is. Around a foot. Sure glad i bought my grandfathers farmall h to push the snow. Now i just need to make it to wisconson to pick it up.

Oh well we still have a snowblower and shovels and our driveway is only about 200 yrds long. Fun day in the snow :)

Wait... You bought the farm? Oh, you mean literally... Whew!

Snow is gone, rain is back. BUT, the good news is that we can expect more tomorrow........

above 1500 feet elevation. Badger plantation sits at just under 500 feet elevation. :)

My dad once said...."I can handle sn*w without the cold, I can handle the cold without sn*w....just can't handle the two together.

I'm not sure which I would rather have, lots of snow or this week long arctic blast from Canada that's been keeping us in the negatives complete with 10-20 MPH winds for the last week.

My dad once said...."I can handle sn*w without the cold, I can handle the cold without sn*w....just can't handle the two together.

We've got a bit of both here. Further to the East, it's a lot of both. The main problem is the drifting in my neck of the woods. I have to bust through 4 big drifts each morning to get to work. each night the wind closes em back up. Good thing the Jeep is good in snow. I'm liking the manual for drift busting. I'm always right in the torque band and never a gear too high/low. I would be much more upset this winter if I was closer to Bismarck/further east. They are getting the worst of both the cold and the snow. We've had maybe 8-12 inches and all of it has been blowing and causing drifts. None of it has been the wet, heavy stuff that stays put.

I do... We could use a good 72" weekend

I think calico wants more too

Edited by evil dogooder

Got close to 10" here in the last storm, but the windsure piled up drifts!

Patio door off the deck has a drift almost 3 feet up the window.

Oh well: snow blower is working and #1 son said he'll shovel the deck once he gets home.

Evil, your threat of sn*w to Calico is starting to sound rather self serving.

After all, any sn*w she gets is going to end up in your yard.....and you know it.

in his yard and mebbe sumwheres else I can't specify on here..... ;)

Ha she just teases... There are way too many fabric stores between here and Colorado. The snow would be melted before she found my yard

73 yesterday without a hint of snow.

I'm sorry yul. Hopefully things will get better for you soon. Maybe if you hope really hard you'll get better weather with a bit of snow

Ice fishing soon here. -1 this morning when i left for work. Couple inches of ice on the channel now. Muzzleblaster deer season ends Sunday and then right to the ice.