SASS Wire Forum

NRA Gun Insurance

Del Rio Pete

I chose to take both the "free" basic coverage and to buy more through the NRA.

In a non-gun friendly state, I did not wish to give my homeowner's insurer any reason to not renew my coverage.

I've had no losses, so I can't tell you whether the policies will be worth the cost.

LL

Have the $2500 and additional $10,000 insurance through Lockton. Salt water from Super Storm Sandy got into my safes. For each firearm damaged, provided Lockton with repair estimates from my gunsmith that amounted to a tad over the $12,500 coverage. Received an immediate check less $200 of my coverage. I still carry the NRA insurance and the additional insurance from Lockton. Zero complaints and did do a cost comparative with other insurance providers including USAA that I have my other personal property insurance with

I just signed up with them this year. Better coverage then what I had. The NRA ins also pays for damage where as my other was only for theft or lost. I forgot the NRA paid for damage and never put a claim in a few years ago on the ins they give you free.

Damage: The NRA policies even covers scopes! I had $1,400 worth of Unertl & Fecker scopes under the salt water that was paid to have these 2 scopes repaired. Two Bushnell's were total loss and they paid replacement value for both

Cost-wise, I found Lockton to be very competitive with my homeowner's carrier.

However, what is best about Lockton is that my h.o. carrier wanted a list of all my guns, serial numbers and an appraisal. Depending pn what state you live in and the state of your Second Amendment rights there, making such a list might not be a good idea. Who knows who might get access to such a list? What is private today can become publicly accessible tomorrow.

Lockton does not want a description and serial number of a firearm unless you have a very expensive one (I think one worth more than $2,000), then you have to list it. (Wish I had a few of those.)

My advice is to not create lists of your firearms for third parties unless you are absolutely compelled to.

Anyway, I like Lockton and am sticking with them.

Cost-wise, I found Lockton to be very competitive with my homeowner's carrier.

However, what is best about Lockton is that my h.o. carrier wanted a list of all my guns, serial numbers and an appraisal. Depending pn what state you live in and the state of your Second Amendment rights there, making such a list might not be a good idea. Who knows who might get access to such a list? What is private today can become publicly accessible tomorrow.

Lockton does not want a description and serial number of a firearm unless you have a very expensive one (I think one worth more than $2,000), then you have to list it. (Wish I had a few of those.)

My advice is to not create lists of your firearms for third parties unless you are absolutely compelled to.

Anyway, I like Lockton and am sticking with them.

Red Jack-- Good info on Lockton, I'd like to check into them now. USAA wanted all my serial numbers and pix, I just couldn't force myself to get my virtual firearms on a list. Is there a basic price range for coverage?

Anyone have a web site or contact for Lockton? A google search gave business insurance, but no details on what they cover or mention of firearm coverage

Try:

Mynrainsurance.com

Cust Serv 877-NRA-3006, option 3

Obliged Pards--- It's impressive that they don't even want a Model list. I can't afford guns over $2,500 :) So applying should be pretty easy. It's amazing however how they still seem to amass/gather in the safe. Always seems hard to sell any, Huh

Edited by Eyesa Horg