SASS Wire Forum

Any body carry a rememberance of some kind of one of their pets?

This past April I lost my second best friend to an untimely death. He was a Labradoodle/ Australian Shepard cross. He was a very independent 5 year old who was just coming into his own. Loved him dearly, miss him and still love him dearly. Some how his stomach turned and he died of bloat, I had never even heard of it at the time.

Anyway he was the first dog that I ever lost before he was expected to go. I am looking for some kind of remembrance to carry with me as though he is by my side. Can't wear a necklace, would possibly get used to some kind of bracelet. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.

By the way his name was Cody

Marlin

Carry him with you in your heart.

Carry his picture in your wallet.

Plant a tree dedicated to him in the yard an put up a simple sign at the tree with his name on it.

For many years after he was gone I had my old Britanny Woody's last dog tag on my key ring... eventually worn to the point where I could barely read his name.

Sadly, I eventually lost the key ring. :(

My old pug buddy's picture is the screen saver picture on my phone. I get to see him every day that way and remember how silly and sweet he was.

The ashes of two of my best buddies lie in their urns in my room. Their pictures in the front of each urn are the last things I see at night and the first thing I see in the morning. I will miss them and all the other ones the rest of my life.

Our Sadie left us a year ago Thanksgiving. Not quite 7 years old. She is now on the bookcase in our living room in an urn with her puppy blanket and her collar with tags sitting on top of it. it still hurts, even though we have shared her place with another who needed a home :(:blush:

Jannis.....half wolf, quarter malamute, quarter German Shepard....brushed him one last time, collected the hair, gave it to a woman that was a weaver/ knitter. She integrated his hair into wool...into a knit cap...and he is with me on the coldest of days. He was my protector for ten years.

On a shelf, in front of the puppy picture of my Lizzie girl, I have some of her dog tags, a brass bell I hung on her neck when she was young and in field training, an empty .410 case that I shot Lizzie's first quail with, which was over her point and she retrieved it back to me, and the orange plastic whistle I used with her in the field. I sure do miss my Lizzie girl (sigh).

Marlin, those are the remembrances that I have of my special friend.