SASS Wire Forum

SASS serial numbered Vaquero I found on line

Pat Riot

Hard to believe, :huh: but fairly steep price me thinks! :D

Howdy,

That should be his (or hers :) ) sass number right there ?

I took it that it was sass number one from your title, ooops.

That was a 'I' and not a one....

Not a great deal. The seller may have both and not realize they are a set.

Best

CR

I don't believe they are your SASS number if you buy them. It appears that the selling point is that they are consecutive numbers. If you look at the Ruger website they are sold in pairs. Not individually. They also have the Montado hammer and the reverse cylinder pawl. For a pair the MSRP is $1,699 new.

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748
  • Like 1

A couple years ago, I had a local gun store pull out one of the double cases that these things come in and offer to sell me the one he had left. He had already sold the other one.

A local gun shop has a used pair of SASS Vaqueros in .45. I have no interest in them, but if anyone does, PM me and I'll give you contact info

I don't believe they are your SASS number if you buy them. It appears that the selling point is that they are consecutive numbers. If you look at the Ruger website they are sold in pairs. Not individually. They also have the Montado hammer and the reverse cylinder pawl. For a pair the MSRP is $1,699 new.

If it worked with Ruger the same as when SASS offered Colt SAAs, the SASS pairs when ordered thru SASS were your SASS number; one would have (for me):, SASS93, the other would have been 93SASS.

Edited by Griff

Funny. That same Cabela's now has another listed but with a different serial number. The one for $699 has the number SASS55035. The other is unreadable with the photo they have posted.

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748

You are correct. It's not your SASS Number. The SASS##### is just Rugers Serial number for the SASS NV Series, and they're only sold in consecutive pairs. Also "SASS55035" is not a brand new SASS NV. It has the older style model and SN# font but it's within a couple of hundred of the newest version.

BTW, I see 3 SASS NV's in the Gun Library. Items #: 5816585 & # 5816586 are a consecutive pair and can be purchased as a pair for $1299.98. All 3 of them are at the Avon, OH Store.

Edited by Augustus Goodnight

I recently bought a pair of .357 Vaqueros that are 600 apart. Just sayin..........

Nothing unusual with that for Standard New Vaqueros.

On the other hand NIB SASS New Vaqueros can only be acquired in consecutive pairs.

http://www.ruger.com/products/vaqueroSASS/models.html

According to my gun dealer, splitting up the sets is a No-No. As far as Ruger is concerned the pair is a single item.

When you get to background checks and ATF paper work, that's a different story.