SASS Wire Forum

Poly Coated V.S. Lubed

Lead Ringer

Hey Lead Ringer- I'll twist Brimstone Bill's post and say gear up next year in time for a "Limited Edition" red and green Christmas bullet Collectors Set! It would be all the rage! :lol:

• Like 1

Hey Lead Ringer- I'll twist Brimstone Bill's post and say gear up next year in time for a "Limited Edition" red and green Christmas bullet Collectors Set! It would be all the rage! :lol:

You'll need some pink ones before October for Breast Cancer month.

Randy

Now these are good ideas!!

I've been shooting SNS castings poly coated bullets since they started making them. Not sure how they compare to Hi-Tek. There's been no issues with leading in my bores at all. Everything stays cleaner, dies, hands and guns. They can be a bit slick to pick up, but that's an acceptable issue. And shoot well out of my Glock 34 with polygonal rifling as mentioned above.

My 1911 chamber seems to stay much cleaner with the poly coated bullets as well.

Even tried them with BP in 44-40 and .38's, at local matches with close targets they've work well. Typically I get through a whole match without much fouling. Longer target distances on hot days, that's a different story all together. As expected accuracy diminishes after a few stages rather quickly without lube.

Tully

All SNS bullets are coated with Hi Tek

Yes started coating with HI-TEK polymer. So far all is good. They look and shoot great.

I just wanted to get some opinions about them. I guess it verifies what I was thinking. I can't see any down side.

Regards,

Ringer

Thank you mister Jackaroo!