SASS Wire Forum

Wrangler NFR and the National Anthem

Chief Rick

Not that I expected any less, but three of the four people singing the National Anthem at this year's WNFR were were better than pretty good.

Mark Wills for round 1 - GREAT

Clay Walker for round 2 - Darn good

Young lady for round 3 - Not bad

Daryl Singletary for round 4 - Pretty good

We are a little behind so we'll be watching round 5 tonight even though round 6 is live (will watch that tomorrow night).

I'd say that Allie was somewhat better than "not bad". She didn't butcher the ending like so many folks do, she had good range and she pulled the mike away from her mouth for high notes or louder singing.

It is hard to compete with Daryle Singletary though. Still I thought a fine job.

PF

I missed round five - 4.5 hours of "black screen" on my DVR. :angry:

In my grading system, the young lady, Ms. Allie Burgett, was not bad - which is better than good - but not as good as Mark Wills, Clay Walker or Daryl Singletary.

Watching round 6 tonight (provided it recorded...)

Notice my small font...I was trying to whisper, sensing a cultural issue. ;)

LL

And once again, dear friends, we find a high-velocity coffee spray makes a fine screen cleaner!

Gentlemen, thank you, a good thread and a very good laugh!

We have the CFR held in Edmonton during early November, to determine which Canadians will be competing in the WNFR. in December.

We have the CFR held in Edmonton during early November, to determine which Canadians will be competing in the WNFR. in December.

Some outstanding Canadian riders this year.

Some outstanding Canadian riders this year.

Had some outstanding American cowboys win the $100,000 event prizes at the Calgary Stampede. It gets the odd Brit and Australian cowboys as well.

Had some outstanding American cowboys win the $100,000 event prizes at the Calgary Stampede. It gets the odd Brit and Australian cowboys as well.

They're not that odd....well some of em maybe. ;)

They're not that odd....well some of em maybe. ;)

Good one Bob. :) One thing that I notice is the lack of Chuck wagon races in the U.S. At least we don't see them competing at any of our rodeos or the Calgary Stampede. Wagon races are the Stampedes

's premier event. It used to be 4 wagons, each with 4 outriders per race, for a total of 4 wagons and 32 horses on the track however, for safety reasons, they reduced the outriders to 2 for each wagon. Nothing like being down at the rail when they went flying by, getting hit with dirt clods and and horse turds flying in every direction.