SASS Wire Forum

Where have they gone

twelve mile REB

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2016 - vendor bashing
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2016 - vendor bashing

Another fella that I would print out his every post... Coyote Cap. I have a notebook full of useful information on the '97 from him.

I shot with him on a number of occasions, and a better competitor would be difficult to find.

Cap is still collecting money for gun work, however he is putting it towards medical bills instead of actually completing the work. There are several cowboys out money right now.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2016 - Reply to hidden post
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2016 - Reply to hidden post

Cap is still collecting money for gun work, however he is putting it towards medical bills instead of actually completing the work. There are several cowboys out money right now.

Not a charitable thing for a guest here to say. Not sure how accurate this comment is, either. If Cap were in need, there would be a long line to help out, and I'd be the first.

CR

• 3 months later...

Lots a good cowboys mentioned here and some replied. I sure miss a lot of them. Most were active on the wire when I first started shooting in 2003.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2016 at 11:19 AM, Doc Shapiro said:

Allie Mo pointed me to this thread.

I haven't been shooting in quite some time. I developed a palsy in my hands and can't hold a revolver steady any longer. It's apparently genetic. So I've taken to cycling. Mostly Mountain Bike these days.

Hope everyone is well.

You're missed.  Stay well.

19 hours ago, Jonah Hex SASS Life #127 said:

I just spoke with Flint Westwood today...

Shared some single malt with him and Molasses several years ago around a campfire in Illinois. 

CR

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:32 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I'm missing 'Harvey Mushman' and 'IROT'

Wish Sixgun Shorty the very best :excl:

OLG

Hey Lumpy.

Someone recently asked me about Harvey. So, I emailed Bad Bascomb. He said Harvey had a heart attack a few years ago and hasn't shot since. He's back at work but cutting back on his activities.

I see IROT's posts almost daily on FB.

Regards,

Allie

• Like 1

Hey , I'm glad someone resurrected this thread. And around Easter time , too. I read all the way through it again.

Another pard that used to post many years ago was Wistful McClintock , he was a serious western movie fan.

Earlier (when the thread first started) someone mentioned Tex Boden. I shoot with him almost every month at our local matches at Comanche Trail Shootists (Midland,TX). A great pard , fun to shoot with. Used to see posts by Col. Nathan Riddles , but never met him. He had quit shooting before I moved to this area , close to 9 years ago now.

Happy Easter to all , Rex :D

I really missed the Convention this year. I always got together with friends from near and far that I never see otherwise.

I have great memories of dinners every year with Deacon, Hazel, Loco Poco Lobo, Nawlins, a few or several of the bunch from Phoenix, and always Larson. I loved hanging out with The Redhead too.

Branson and San Antonio (my only trip to the Alamo) were neat as there were people who rarely made it to Las Vegas.

I loved my time at the US Open and EOT. I got to meet so many people I only knew from the Wire. At EOT, I even got to shoot with some of the Dooly Gang. You know that was fun.

Such wonderful memories!

Happy trails!

• Like 1

I haven't been on the wire long enough to know if Hondo was ever on it, but I posseed up with him at Cajon last week and what a great pard to have on your posse. He's a real low SASS # also and he shoots 1st generation SAA's and original Winchester 73 all in 38-40 along with a hammered Remington SxS. Very interesting fellow to visit with.

Edited by Yul Lose
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...
On 12/9/2016 at 5:12 PM, Tennessee Stud said:

hmmm... you mean the rather, tenaciously persistent and incessant complainer 'bout "two-hand shootin'"?

If that's the poster... ya know... Blackheart... the second-meanest Administrator that has ever been on this site... gave that ol' boy many, many chances to redeem his sorry ways. That ol' boy... Bisley Joe... never did learn nothin. He's kinda like a sex-crazed beagle. Be on this site... man's... gotta get real... humble-like... and be nice. (Justa suggestion for any Phantom-fans out there).

BTW... 2's... you are the fastest big-guy (deceivingly fast)... or anybody else, for that matters... in them videos that I ever seen. Gosh... "WHITE-LIGHTNIN'"!! You sure are somethin', big guy.

ts

Howdy pard,

Got steered here by someone and got a good laugh.

Still, you know, it isn't very polite to try and demean someone when they're not around to defend themselves. Not very much in the Cowboy Spirit, not to mention not being real "humble-like" or "nice".

Plus it seems the "sex-crazed beagle" types are those keyboard commandos who can't' handle a different point of view without flaming like flaming flamers and calling people silly names, while engaging in mob-tactics, without ever learning how to engage in an intelligent discussion-even disagreement. But I guess that's just how some folks are...

It's all good though. SASS is made up of a VAST majority of absolutely wonderful individuals. Maybe someday we will shoot at the same event and even shake hands.

yippy ki yay...

Edited by Bisley Joe

On 12/15/2016 at 9:43 AM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Longshot Logan , Boston John Doucette and Bisley Joe, miss them all some more than others ... :wacko:<_<;)

For Da record I shoot FCD ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :ph34r:

Jabez Cowboy

Howdy Jabez Cowboy!

On 12/8/2016 at 7:47 PM, Gold Canyon Kid #43974 said:

Is this a joke? Maybe we have been transported in time to 1 April.

Howdy there, Gold Canyon Kid!

Hope you're doing great!

I'm in Arizona too!

Where do you shoot?

Maybe I can come to a match and say hi! We can even shoot on the same posse!

Is 1 April your birthday?

Yippy ki yay...

dancing poodle.gif

Edited by Bisley Joe

1 hour ago, Bisley Joe said:

Howdy there, Gold Canyon Kid!

Hope you're doing great!

I'm in Arizona too!

Where do you shoot?

Maybe I can come to a match and say hi! We can even shoot on the same posse!

Is 1 April your birthday?

Yippy ki yay...

dancing poodle.gif

He passed away...

I'll leave my comments to that...

<_<

On 12/7/2016 at 10:48 PM, John Boy said:

Virgil Ray Hality

Col Nathan Riddles

Mohave Gambler

Howdy Doody

Pigeonroost Slim

Mean Matt McCord

Big Ed - driven off the Wire by Chiz!

Boy do I feel foolish I just responded to 2.5 year old post!  Well if it’s old news it’s old news. And I think Phantom’ ok, but we just have our differences of opinion on certain topics. 

However I still and will miss all of the people posted!  As I said I learned a lot. 

Unfortunately Big Ed passed on. I meant in outside of Tombstone and ordered two “Duke” style holsters for my son’s Colt Nebraska Commemoratives and then in Old Tucson Studios where he had opened a shop!  I consider myself a big man at 6’1” but I had to look up to Big Ed!  I remember the rest in your post from way past too. 

For those of you missing Phantom, he and I spar occasionally here on the Wire. He is back unless I got the wrong Phantom  

we do miss all of their wisdom!  I learned a lot from the lot of them!

Edited by Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439
Made a mistake on when the original post was done.

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

He passed away...

I'll leave my comments to that...

<_<

I had no idea.

May he rest in peace.

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
On 6/15/2019 at 3:07 PM, Bisley Joe said:

Do2Guns.gif

You will need more fire power than Doc has if you want to survive some that are still here. They tried killing me off but I am used to dealing with Pilgrims. ;) :FlagAm:

7 hours ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

Guide lines now require that we remain somewhat civil.:FlagAm:

That's a good thing.

Too bad it wasn't around a few years ago when even those with the responsibility to keep the peace were rousing the mob.

But good to hear. I wonder how it'll stand up to actual "use" though...

Edited by Bisley Joe

so ..........i am not the only one missing an annul tradition this year for domestic tranquility and other such nonsense ? good to know , i will be picking up after june if i can , time is no longer on my side [no comment on how many others here might be older or otherwise constrained] i had a lot of piled up crud that cancelled a favorite annual shoot and as unhappy as it made  me - i will pick up after a productive four day fathers day weekend to get back on track , i hope others do as well do not want to miss anymore cowboys and cowgals at future events 

I have my opinions about SASS, and they're based on why I joined and the reasons SASS used to list on their description. Namely "to avoid the technical gamesmanship that has ruined other shooting sports". People can disagree or agree, but there's no need to be nasty and try to shut people up, especially when those doing it are jabbering about "freedom" and "the cowboy way" out of the other side of their mouths.

I have found the people in SASS to be a group of the nicest people ever. I've been away because life got in the way, and I hope to get involved a lot soon as possible. I hope we, and others here, can shoot together and have a smoke or a drink someday, because life is just too damned short to waste it on petty hatred over opinions.

BisleyJoe283BW.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
6 hours ago, Bisley Joe said:

And a very accurate description it is!

many platforms   wind up  like fraternities  run by a few  with moles that will set you up for censorship NOT saying this is so here.

Based on some of the comments I'm surprised we don't have fights break out at the matches. Kinda like hockey, throw down your guns and start swinging while the rest of us circle around the scrum.  I don't have time for that.  I come to these things to get away from conflict, not find it.

At least the thread hasn't degenerated into speaking ill of the dead.....yet.

8 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Howdy Bisley Joe;

Come up here to Western Canada to shoot !!!

Good to see you back ...

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez Cowboy,

Thank you!

I'd love to shoot up there! Hope to do so one day in the not too distant future!

4 hours ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

many platforms   wind up  like fraternities  run by a few  with moles that will set you up for censorship NOT saying this is so here.

I'd say it WAS like that in the past. Doesn't seem like it now. A good thing.

13 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Based on some of the comments I'm surprised we don't have fights break out at the matches. Kinda like hockey, throw down your guns and start swinging while the rest of us circle around the scrum.  I don't have time for that.  I come to these things to get away from conflict, not find it.

At least the thread hasn't degenerated into speaking ill of the dead.....yet.

Most of the flamers are keyboard commandos, and they are a minority. The vast majority of people here are good people.

At matches, I've only met good folks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

The title of this thread is "Where have they gone"... Now it's "Where has the Topic gone".

<_<

OK, so let's get it back on track!

Who have you missed dearly, other than me?

On 6/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, Bisley Joe said:

OK, so let's get it back on track!

Who have you missed dearly, other than me?

I miss the people that have died 

I miss shooting with many folks 

Phantom

• Sad 1