SASS Wire Forum

Where have they gone

twelve mile REB

The Wire and the Saloon are not the same as they were years ago when I was a frequent poster. Lots of people aren't here any more and there are lots of people's names I don't recognize but that is not a bad thing at all.

It just means that I have some new friends to meet and converse with.

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 13, 2016 - Reply to vendor bashing
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 13, 2016 - Reply to vendor bashing

I dealt with Big Ed, order and paid, and got my leather. I know he was delayed in getting other people leather thru being sick. I saw him at Old Tucson Studios as he had set up a shop there from the one he had outside of Tombstone. I believe some people cancelled the orders, and I never heard or read on this wire of the people not getting their money back from him eventually. So if you know personally of anyone who lost money doing business with Big Ed, Gold Cannon Kid, then you have a right to write what you did. However if you don't personally know of someone, don't bad mouth someone. Because the way you wrote your comment about him is that he kept the customers' monies, and as far as I know he was not guilty of that.

Nimbles

I would trust you with my life... the lives of my progeny.... or all of my property. You was always good to me.

Sure hope that yore progeny are fairing well.

ts

Thanks TS. Much appreciated my friend. We're hanging in there.

Doc

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 13, 2016 - vendor bashing
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 13, 2016 - vendor bashing

I dealt with Big Ed, order and paid, and got my leather. I know he was delayed in getting other people leather thru being sick. I saw him at Old Tucson Studios as he had set up a shop there from the one he had outside of Tombstone. I believe some people cancelled the orders, and I never heard or read on this wire of the people not getting their money back from him eventually. So if you know personally of anyone who lost money doing business with Big Ed, Gold Cannon Kid, then you have a right to write what you did. However if you don't personally know of someone, don't bad mouth someone. Because the way you wrote your comment about him is that he kept the customers' monies, and as far as I know he was not guilty of that.

Nimbles

I paid Ed $300 for leather.

After seven years I gave up contacting him as I never received anything from him.

Even tried contacting him after he moved his business to IL...

All I kept hearing from him was "your next in line".

OK, Cayuse Jack, I stand corrected! As I said back in that day, the wire was full of his delays due to his health and lack of employees to assist him in his workload. But if I am wrong, then I say so. Sorry to hear that he didn't refund you, moved to IL, do you know where as I am from the north shore of Chicago and will in the next year be going back for a visit and it would be interesting to look him up.

Nimbles

One good thing about bein on Facebook:

You don't have to wait three minutes between posts. :D

• Like 1

OK, Cayuse Jack, I stand corrected! As I said back in that day, the wire was full of his delays due to his health and lack of employees to assist him in his workload. But if I am wrong, then I say so. Sorry to hear that he didn't refund you, moved to IL, do you know where as I am from the north shore of Chicago and will in the next year be going back for a visit and it would be interesting to look him up.

Nimbles

Big Ed passed away years ago.

We ran Doc off the east coast a long time ago.

I got a copy of "Breaking the Shot" around here somewhere :)

Look in the dictionary under warthog. There is a picture there of........

I really miss Bisley Joe.

hmmm... you mean the rather, tenaciously persistent and incessant complainer 'bout "two-hand shootin'"?

If that's the poster... ya know... Blackheart... the second-meanest Administrator that has ever been on this site... gave that ol' boy many, many chances to redeem his sorry ways. That ol' boy... Bisley Joe... never did learn nothin. He's kinda like a sex-crazed beagle. Be on this site... man's... gotta get real... humble-like... and be nice. (Justa suggestion for any Phantom-fans out there).

BTW... 2's... you are the fastest big-guy (deceivingly fast)... or anybody else, for that matters... in them videos that I ever seen. Gosh... "WHITE-LIGHTNIN'"!! You sure are somethin', big guy.

ts

This post is a "retro"... 'bout a fella I liked a lot. This fella... he was a great guy... good contributor to this site. The day he passed... I kinda went nuts... knowin' that LL was gone... and Osama Bin Laden... was still alive at the time. That just infuriated me... simulaneously saddened me... and then I went and got drunk. I loved this guy... a really fine fella.

LongshotLogan_zpsebxmeuwu.jpg

• Like 3

This post is a "retro"... 'bout a fella I liked a lot. This fella... he was a great guy... good contributor to this site. The day he passed... I kinda went nuts... knowin' that LL was gone... and Osama Bin Laden... was still alive at the time. That just infuriated me... simulaneously saddened me... and then I went and got drunk. I loved this guy... a really fine fella.

Amen ..........

I have no idee bout who nor what this fella was. But he sure looks like someone I'd cotton to. Tough and trustworthy, he looks. I'm already sorry he's gone. Someone please tell us more about this LL hombre.

I ain't been around long enough to have had the pleasure of knowing a lot of the folks who have passed on 'round these parts. I feel like I am missing a part of the SASS family.

Good folks aplenty here. Just not enough time to meet everyone in person.

Edited by Dantankerous
  • Like 1

Longshot was always fun to shoot with. Sometimes he would bring out his banjo and annoy entertain everybody on the posse with it.

He developed a real good method for aging new guns to make them look old. I'm sure somebody has a link to it somewhere.

It was a real shock when he died.

I ain't dead yet!

Sheesh. Sounds like a Eulogy.

I still read the Wire every so often, but you got a whole new crop of people who've been in the game long enough to give great advice that some of us who have to check what body part fell off this morning can keep our traps shut.

I hope to get out to a match this spring. Phantom got the heave-ho, huh?

PDVD_000-154.jpg

• Like 3

I ain't dead yet!

Sheesh. Sounds like a Eulogy.

I still read the Wire every so often, but you got a whole new crop of people who've been in the game long enough to give great advice that some of us who have to check what body part fell off this morning can keep our traps shut.

I hope to get out to a match this spring. Phantom got the heave-ho, huh?

PDVD_000-154.jpg

Good to hear you ain't dead and you're still shooting or at least thinking about it.

Waimea

Don't forget about Zeb and his "Peach squeezins"

Dusty Balz... ain't seen him lately. Liked him alot... was a fella that I woulda sit beside in any beer-joint... if I was still drinkin'.

And I tell ya somethin', Major Sterner... Zeb was a great guy... and the most prolific poster up until he passed... that the Wire Forums had ever seen.

ts

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 13, 2016 - vendor bashing
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 13, 2016 - vendor bashing

Nimbles

As of 2005 Ed owes me two gun belts, eleven holsters and two magazine pouches. All paid in full. "I'm a little behind, pard." "I'll get it to you by the end of the month, pard."

Most of my leather is by Big Ed, and it is excellent stuff.

That don't change the fact that I've been owed this leather for over ten years.

Longshot Logan , Boston John Doucette and Bisley Joe, miss them all some more than others ... :wacko:<_<;)

For Da record I shoot FCD ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :ph34r:

Jabez Cowboy