SASS Wire Forum

Cheddite shotgun primers.

Kid Rich

Yup. No oomplaints if can find a price. Seems to be a wide range. Graff's offers them at a great price sometimes GW

I use Cheddite primers all the time and they always go bang. One thing about them is that they are larger in diameter than most American made primers. So once you start using them you have to stay with them otherwise the smaller American primers will sometimes fall out.

I use Cheddite primers all the time and they always go bang. One thing about them is that they are larger in diameter than most American made primers. So once you start using them you have to stay with them otherwise the smaller American primers will sometimes fall out.

+1 on the above advice.

Been using them exclusively for years. Economical and have always gone BANG!

Only use Cheddites. Load to about the same pressures as Winchesters. Very reliable, because their inner primer cup is flat all the way across the battery shell, instead of being domed like the Federals are any more.

And lower price is very nice. Can usually find them under $23 / M

Good luck, GJ

These are my favorite shotshell primers. I prefer them to ALL other primers because they are .001 larger and do not seat quite as deep as USA primers, and they are flat on the back... these two things have totally eliminated any FTF problems that I use to get from a light primer strikes. I've use thousands of them and never had one fail to fire.

Snakebite

Usually the AA hulls are pretty much toast after BP loads so their only used once.

Thanks every one for the input.

kR

Shot them for years! They will go bang with a tuned/lighter hammer spring. Best SG primer made at a great price.

Regards,

Ringer

Archived