SASS Wire Forum

Comin At Cha 2017

T-Bone SASS #36388

Griff, yes we got your entry and yes if we can get enough interest in the plainsman event we would love to have it. The Plainsman event would be on side match day early morning only if we have enough interest. Thanks for volunteering to run the match

I'd be in for a Plainsman side match! How many do you need?

CR

I will try anything once, sounds like fun. I have an original trapdoor rifle in 45-70, will have to find a pair of revolvers, and will need a source for 20ga black powder shotgun shell or have to get a double barrel 12ga. I will get it figured out, so sign me up for the Plainsman match. Maybe I will switch to a black powder category for the main match, have always thought that would be fun. FYI, I will still be dressed in all white.

Maddog

Edited by Maddog McCoy SASS #5672

I will try anything once, sounds like fun. I have an original trapdoor rifle in 45-70, will have to find a pair of revolvers, and will need a source for 20ga black powder shotgun shell or have to get a double barrel 12ga. I will get it figured out, so sign me up for the Plainsman match. Maybe I will switch to a black powder category for the main match, have always thought that would be fun. FYI, I will still be dressed in all white.

Maddog

I will be happy to share my 12 ga Baikal & even provide the shells to get you to shoot it.

Is it going to be cap and ball pistols only????

I would guess yes. Every one I've been to around here is just like Frontiersman only with a single shot rifle.

They did one at MI. State this year and they let you shoot cartridges just so they would have enough shooters. To make it worth having.....Take Care...Faygo

I will be happy to share my 12 ga Baikal & even provide the shells to get you to shoot it.

That for the offer, I may take you up on it. ( however, shooting this is really just another way to justify buying more guns :) )

IF held, & I run it, unless otherwise directed by "Management", it should conform to the requirements set forth in the SHB, which currently states:

THE PLAINSMAN

This event requires two .36 caliber or larger Frontiersman Category style percussion revolvers, shot Duelist style.

Must use a SASS–legal single-shot rifle firing a traditional blackpowder rifle or revolver caliber cartridge (e.g., not a .30-30). The rifle may have spring actuated ejectors if they are standard for that rifle. .38 Special is legal

Must use a side by side or single shot shotgun, with or without exposed hammers, or a lever action shotgun.

Must use blackpowder in all loads (rifle, revolver, and shotgun).

Time/range constraints and other factors will dictate how many stages, shots per stage/firearm will constitute this side match.

But, philosophically speaking, doesn't Including non-compliant firearms sorta takes this outta the realm of a specialized side match into a "run-what-ya-brung" fee-for-all, no? So's not to hijack T-Bone's thread, open a new one or PM me, & we cam discuss this elsewhere.

IF held, & I run it, unless otherwise directed by "Management", it should conform to the requirements set forth in the SHB, which currently states:

Time/range constraints and other factors will dictate how many stages, shots per stage/firearm will constitute this side match.

But, philosophically speaking, doesn't Including non-compliant firearms sorta takes this outta the realm of a specialized side match into a "run-what-ya-brung" fee-for-all, no? So's not to hijack T-Bone's thread, open a new one or PM me, & we cam discuss this elsewhere.

Chili Pepper Pete put together the Plainsman matches for the Michigan State and the IBPG matches.In an effort to increase participation and introduce the category to more shooters, cartridge pistols were allowed, but score separately and not eligible for overall. Worked well, and we all had fun. I'll post this to the other thread as well.

CR

a couple year ago we had two shooters step up and donate everything a shooter would need. Guns and ammo. we had 23 shooters that year to include myself. It was a blast using OP equipment. This year if Griff takes the job it will be ran by the strong arm of Griff. We want everyone to have a large time at CBAC 2017 and shoot as much as possible. We are giving away one firearm per hour that we are shooting. Y'all stand by for more news.

Let me know if you need some odd ball firearms like s&w's, Taurus thunderbolt, 1887 shotgun, everything else I think you already have on hand.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Are there any openings left?

There is a waiting list for cancellations.

Edited by Yusta B.

Captain Bill Burt,,,,,rumors are true that the match is full with 320 shooters for 2017. Everyone is now signed up from the waiting list and has a shooting/ posse assignment. I would like to personally invite you to CBAC 2017. Send in your app to the Bar 3 and the next spot is yours.  I promise you will have a great time. Welcome to Texas... T-Bone Dooley

2 hours ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

Captain Bill Burt,,,,,rumors are true that the match is full with 320 shooters for 2017. Everyone is now signed up from the waiting list and has a shooting/ posse assignment. I would like to personally invite you to CBAC 2017. Send in your app to the Bar 3 and the next spot is yours.  I promise you will have a great time. Welcome to Texas... T-Bone Dooley

Thanks for the invitation T-Bone!  

I just sent you a letter with the applications for me, Shootin Sharyn, and our son the Iron Cowboy.  Hopefully you'll have room for us as I've heard nothing but good things about your match and all three of us would love to attend.

Capt. Bill, it is a great match and ya'll will have fun. We'll be there with our camper and will save an adult beverage for you. 

Kajun

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 5:41 PM, Bittertrigger said:

I got a pair of 1860 colts and Buffalo Classic sign me up for plainsman T-Bone 

YEA HAW!!!!   Another Plainsman Shooter!!!!  

Ok, I am challenging everyone that the boys from Louisiana are cooking something that is only cooked in Louisiana or in another world at Comin AtCha 2017.  I may cook a pig in the Cajun microwave or an alligator and turtle sauce picante or a chicken and sausage jambalaya or a sure nuf alligator border chili.  I challenge everyone else to try to top this at the parking lot wars.  Ought to be on television.  I do grow my own pigs and alligators.

15 minutes ago, Red River Rudy, SASS #8490 LIFE said:

Ok, I am challenging everyone that the boys from Louisiana are cooking something that is only cooked in Louisiana or in another world at Comin AtCha 2017.  I may cook a pig in the Cajun microwave or an alligator and turtle sauce picante or a chicken and sausage jambalaya or a sure nuf alligator border chili.  I challenge everyone else to try to top this at the parking lot wars.  Ought to be on television.  I do grow my own pigs and alligators.

• Now we're talkin !!!

If some one needs to borrow them I have a pair or roas blue 5,5" barrels and a h&r handi rifle in 38-55 if some one wants to shoot plainsman be sure to contact me so we can work out the details.

Dang...I was in the barn when T Bone, Nuttin' Graceful, and KD were getting the stage, lights and sound system ready to go.  And now I heard Tbone is gonna wrestle an alligator in the arena while Nuttin Graceful sets a World Land Speed record in mounted shooting riding an ostrich, while Excalibur KC plays "Legs".  This is gonna be epic!

• Like 1